Sign in to follow this  
Oreo Cookie

Membership number

I don't know if you can get it to go away.

You mean like you are Member No.: 1,443 ?

How can I get my membership number to go away I really don't like it and DAS told me I had to learn to live with it but I really don't like it and it makes my head hurt.

Hi Oreo Cookie

This is a standard feature of the forum software we use and will not be removed.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Kind regards

Lufty

Lufty is their any way that the number can be changed to a different number? Or maybe Oreo could re-register and hopefully the next time it would be an even number.

I know you do not like odd numbers but it cannot be changes. Lufty said that and he is one of the important people.

Just dont look at it :D

Hi DAS,

We could recreate Oreos account for her (and send you the new password) - That would generate a new membership number and we could ensure that it was even!

How does that sound?

Kris

Really? That would be excellent. We have no clocks in our house or anything with numbers we even had to get a TV with a volume bar not numers!! Could you possibly do it on on or after monday as I have just posted a post I dont want her to see knowing she will not come on :lol:

I am sorry you must think she is being so silly. Numbers are our main meltdown problem!!

Really? That would be excellent. We have no clocks in our house or anything with numbers we even had to get a TV with a volume bar not numers!! Could you possibly do it on on or after monday as I have just posted a post I dont want her to see knowing she will not come on :lol:

I am sorry you must think she is being so silly. Numbers are our main meltdown problem!!

Hiya,

Best laid plans and all that.... it turns out that I cant create a new account for Oreo after all, the software just won't let me :(

The best way to fix this is to get Oreo to re-register with a new username - I would tell her to keep the username very similar so that we still know it's her (besides which I like her avatar) and then we'll (or more specifically Lufty will) be able to transfer her old posts over to her new name.

Sounds a bit long winded but it'll be the quickest method I think.

Kris

hopefully its an even number this time :)

If not you'll have to keep on going till it is

ah you may have to set it up from a diff e-mail address then?

Unless Lufty or Kris can help out.

I know when i set up my annonymous account i used a diff e-mail address to set it up.

I'd wait and see if Lufty can help out then. You're not in a hurry to get it set up are you?

Thank god for that. now we can all stop worrying about poor Oreo. :thumbs::clap:

I would miss her if she went.

Viper.

maybe we will see. I hope she will be ok with it but it does have a 5 in it.

I am not joking she has BIG issues with numbers. She is 23. not good at all :lol:

Kerre, To be honest I do not have a clue why she hates them but it is a big issue 90% of meltdowns are due to odd numbers. eg hospital number on hospital letters. seeing a clock with an odd number in it or the date on a news paper. or even her age or my age. house numbers everything she spots one a mile a way. Our tv is programed so bbc 1 is channel 2, bbc 2 is channel 4 and so on. And she will not watch bbc1.

Maybe another member can tell you if it is an ASD thing. She will add numbers to make them odd eg 11 is 1 + 1 = 2 but she still will get upset over it.

Edited by DAS999

I hope the new number is ok for her

yes it does have a 5 in it and also a 1

1458 if you add them 1+4+5+8= 18 thats good

if you devide it by 2 you get 729 :(

BUT if you add 7+2+9= 18 good

If you multiply 1458 by 2 it becomes 2916 good

i could go on for ages, not sure how much oreo does when checking out her numbers, but i think its more good than bad, so hopefully it will be a good number.

well it IS better than her last number so it may not be as bad

Oreo tells me that she still does not like her number

because of the 1 and the 5

also 1 + 8 = 9 that is odd and so is 1

Don't worry about it. The guys on her have enough work without sorting this silly thing out. She use to not use words with an odd amount of letters is. She is getting better. We will get their in the end. Anyway Lets just leave it I will sort her out I am use to it, not easy but use to it.

ok Das

I don't think that their is much that can be done about it anyway Oreo.

Its just the way the forum is and everyone has a membership number, we can't choose what our number is.

Some people prefer odd numbers, a lad I went to school with who was NT (thinking back there may have been an OCD there) much prefered even numbers, he just said ODD always seemed wrong and he didn't like it. He would make sure he wasn't an odd number at anything if he didn't have to be, he did get better towards the end of school. We always managed to make an odd number even, just double it and its fine and say every number can be an even number, that used to reassure him sometimes when he was getting stressed over it.

Edited by lil_me

That was a really interesting and somewhat humorous thread ... well done to the hosts for trying to help out.

It has made me think though ... I find odd numbers 'messy' thats the only way to describe them, but I can ignore them, although some odd numbers arent 'messy'

5 is ok as its 10 divided by 2

7 and 9 are just awkward

and mix them with 1 and 3 and its just 'messy'

I have a thing about symetry and balance, which the long suffering one has to put up with .. only a little obsessive I suppose ...

And as I speak the TV volume is set on 15 I can't do 16 or or 17 or 18 etc but 20 is ok ... OH MY GOD ... how barking am I?

The more I think about it the more things I have to have in sequences ... HH crawling away head in hand in disbelief ...

I guess numbers can be complicated

I love your signature

If yesterday was a bad day, then today was definitely better!

And as I speak the TV volume is set on 15 I can't do 16 or or 17 or 18 etc but 20 is ok ... OH MY GOD ... how barking am I?

I've just realised that I always set the car stereo to an even number - 8, 10,12 .. - apart from 15 - that seems to be ok ... woof woof!

Hi Oreo Cookie

This is a standard feature of the forum software we use and will not be removed.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Kind regards

Lufty

ooo forum soft ware that sounds intresting

if i get forum soft ware does that mean i can have a forum to

ooo forum soft ware that sounds intresting

if i get forum soft ware does that mean i can have a forum to

Here's the web site of the company that makes the forum software used here ...

http://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic/pr...oard/index.html

:)

James