Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

ADD/ADHD drugs under new scrutiny

Reports of sudden deaths, strokes, heart attacks and hypertension in both children and adults taking drugs to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are spurring new government study into the medications' safety.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtl...cs/13550374.htm

Hmmmm, interesting -

Don't know if you recall, but I took ben off of Strattera a while back 'cos of concerns over effects on Liver function. My GP was quite alarmed by info emerging then...

BD :unsure:

hi

i constantly worry about the effects of medication. My as/adhd son was finally advised to stop taking ritalin(concerta) 6 months ago after having side effects for the past few years. I hated giving it to him he didn't eat or sleep very well. I felt under great pressure from school to give it to him. He now takes concerta and I now have something new to worry about having read about liver failure. I'm also not convinced that it's helping him. Did you stop giving it suddenly or did you have to gradually withdraw the staterra?

jessie

I will be interested to see the findings of this report.

With the much greater number of reported side affects and deaths caused by Rispiredol I wonder if they will research that, I know my sister would be interested if they do after what she suffered.

He now takes concerta and I now have something new to worry about having read about liver failure
it is the same as Ritalin jut lasts longer

As I have said before, all drugs have side affects, how many people would take paracetamol, but 8 in 24 hours killed my Aunty.

Edited by lil_me

i've just realised that my typing late at night isn't too great. He takes straterra now(40mg) and while he doesn't experience the same side effects as with concerta, I still worry as there are different side effects to worry about

jessie