something_different

AQ test - one that works out your score for you

ok the last AQ test didn't seem to work out ur score for you

i have found this one and it works

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=1982215450153908026

Maybe

Result: 39. Your score isn't an achievement, it just is. Psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen and his colleagues at Cambridge's Autism Research Centre have created the Autism-Spectrum Quotient, or AQ, as a measure of the extent of autistic traits in adults. In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher. The test is not a means for making a diagnosis, however, and many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger's report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives. You scored 32 or above. Do with that what you will.

Helloe everyone,

thanks something_different for placing this back at mine I scored 42, I have done this before and scored 44 so I suppose you can say it was somewhat different, something_different I notice you also have done this before and yours scores are also just slightly out thanks for posting as always.

Steve..

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Tutor of Winston Churchill to Lord Randolph Churchill,

Winston's father

My son scored 38 but did,nt understand half the questions, how do you read between the lines during a conversation :lol::huh: .........................................

I scored 35 which suggesta as expected I have in all probabilty got A.S.

Interesting to do though.I always score well on the imagination questions otherwise my score would have been even higher :(

why r u :( ceecee with 35?

29, your score isnt an achievement it just is.

Something Different

Well i've only just realised I have A.S and it takes a bit of getting your head round.

I have done three different tests which all indicate that my suspicions are likely to be correct.

these tests do not mean that you deffinatley do or don't have AS.

i am glad i at least have online friends :) even if i don't have any in the 'real world'

Edited by something_different

I understand what you are saying something different but if you strongly suspect other family members have A.S. then strongly suspect you yourself have A.s. and you take four tests that indicate that could be the case the chances are my suspicions are likely to be correct.

Would you like to have friends?

if you are happy as you are then it doesn't matter.

Your not wierd your perhaps a bit different.What is wrong with that? It wouldn't do for us all to be the same.

Your you and that's what matters. :thumbs::thumbs:

Hi

I scored 17 and my son with some adaptation scored 47 but he is not 18 so... well he has his dx anyway.

That was interesting thanks for sharing...

Malika.

Blah... I've done this before and forgotten my score, so I've got to faff around with it again just so I can compare... *faffs*

this test is squed towards maths fascination and noncreativity which is the SBC way of looking at ASDs - having met the man. Although he admits that some strains of ASDs do have exceptionally high creativity with low number skills, as cognative deficts such as dyslexia are high in ASD sufferers. But, that is his self confessed NOT his area of interest. So, if you said you could imaginative play and NOT remember phone numbers - you would have scored a very possible false positive. Thereby lowering your overal score. My son can't remeber numbers for sassages and is continually loced in his own highly imaginatve fantasies - which is Aspergers traits not tested for in the quiz.

My ds' score. I had to read and explain most of it - and even then it wasn't answered how I saw things for not wanting to upset him.

Maybe

Result: 41. Your score isn't an achievement, it just is.

Psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen and his colleagues at Cambridge's Autism Research Centre have created the Autism-Spectrum Quotient, or AQ, as a measure of the extent of autistic traits in adults. In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher. The test is not a means for making a diagnosis, however, and many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger's report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives. You scored 32 or above. Do with that what you will.

I got 9

CeeCee

Do you have a dx?or do you just think you have As.If you think but have no DX i think you should request a proper assessment.Self diagnosis is no diagnosis.You are a good mom and have a loving family so you will have support if the DX was As,at least youd know for sure. >:D<<'>

I got 16 !

I have seen this test before, I got 10 when I completed and 15 when my friends done it for me. It is a bit loaded and as the test quite rightly says, it seems to be more about the type of person you are,

the questions are a bit loaded, do you enjo doing things with other people, or on your own, well depends doesn't it. Somedays I want to shut the door to the world and somedays youw ant to give it a big hug.

Anyway, I already know pretty much my brain, apart from my sleep disorder type thing, still interesting though.

Need a proper DX though if you suspect, not least becuase it opens a whol support network.

Edited by Hidden Gem

I personally do not think i need a diagnosis because i am lucky in that i am able to lead a normal life.If i had a diagnosis I would or could lose my job and also there are stories of people having a diagnosis and having their children taken away from them.It actually happened in my home town.So thanks but no thanks.

As most people know i am hidden gem's sister and if i had done this test for him like his friends did he would have scored far higher than he is claiming he did.I suppose it all depends on

A.How you see yourself

B.How aware you are.

Certainly he must present very differently to his friends than he does to me.

Or maybe like siomeone else was saying when they did the test with their daughter I think it was they knew she was answering the questions untruthfully and didn't want to upset her.

Edited by ceecee

46/You scored higher than 99% on points.

nvapid,I agree,but it isn't meant to be taken very seriously as it isn't a diagnostic test and can't discriminate against other issues,other than the steriotypical view of AS it has.

An 'autism quotient' test... and there's a link to one in the first post in this topic surprisingly enough :P

The trouble I always have with SBC's version of Autism/AS is that it is entirely a stereotype-mongering projection.

Breaking from convention, I consider myself to be both good with numbers, facts, words AND imaginative games(I play solely on a Roleplay server in World of Warcraft).

A *real* Autistic would actually just pick the questions apart, pointing out what's wrong with them, something which has led to me getting poor qualifications from my education. I believe strongly that education HAS been dumbed down as whilst I find exam questions from twenty years ago easy to follow- modern ones seem to be asking questions where the answer is so open-ended there can be almost no wrong answer, they are so ambigious I can't understand them to begin with so didn't put an answer. So the only wrong answer is no answer, which is exactly what I would give because the questions aren't requesting any specific information from me.

I MIGHT prefer the theatre instead of a museum; what's on at the theatre? I really enjoyed the panto I went with youth club to see Jack and the Beanstalk(despite some parents patently unable to stop their children spoiling it for others).

And what if the exhibition at the museum was about 16th century Japan and I already know everything there is to know about 16th century Japan?(play Shogun:Total War on the hardest difficulty and you'll need to read the handy thick second instruction manual dedicated to 1530-1620 civil wars in Japan and remember it) Theatre it is.

To test for Autism, take one question from a test supposed to highlight Autism and ask "How many things can you spot that are wrong with this question?"

Im scared - I went on to do the personality defect test on the same site and Im now realy realy worried by the results....

Im off to get myself commited !