Sign in to follow this  
DAS999

A Message To All

I am taking a rest from being an active member on the site.

I don?t know how long for. It may be days, weeks, months or years. I can?t think that far ahead just yet.

My life has been a very big muddle recently and I need to take a close look at my life. To be totally honest I came to this site looking for information on ASD and I found what I was looking for so I thank all the staff and users of this site. But I think I have found a lot of information in such a short space of time that my mind is overloaded.

Add to all this a stressful job, deaths in the family and a girl friend with ASD, OCD, Challenging Behaviours and Anxiety Issues and you have a very complicated life.

One thing I can guarantee you is that my relationship with my girl friend is far from on the cards. We have been through a lot together and I don?t think anything can change that. It has created a bond that I don?t think anything will break.

Next week we are having a meeting with Social Services and I am, to be honest very nervous about this. I am meeting them with my GF in a public place (my idea so they can see how she is outside of her home environment). I am hoping support will be offered. If I feel able I will update you after the event.

I would like to thank all for their support, encouragement, friendship and passing on such needed knowledge.

An extra thank you to all the team of mods and hosts for sorting out a little problem for me recently.

Hopefully soon I will be back to my strong self but till then I will pop in to check my PM?s and maybe read a few posts but cannot guarantee I will be an ?active? member. If anyone wants to contact me please PM me and I will reply when I can.

All the best to every one on this site and I hope to be back to full swing soon.

take care Das

I hope the meeting with social services goes well and you get the support that you need.

Das, you will be missed but I understand your reasons and wish you and Oreo the very best. I hope all goes well with The SS apointment.

Come back soon and Oreo too. >:D<<'>

Viper.

DAS,

I hope that you find the peace of mind you need, along with ready support from the services you and Oreo are approaching.

Thank you for your kind words. We take our moderating/hosting very seriously and are proud of the environment we have all played a part in creating,...where members can come and go, pop in, pop out,...disappear for a while and then come back again. :) Safe in the knowledge, that as long as this forum remains open, we will continue with our duty of care to our members.

Good luck and I hope your experiences on our forum will have helped you (even if that is not so apparent just now), but appreciate that there has been a lot for you to digest and perhaps come to terms with.

Kind regards,

Elefan

Das

You will be missed.You have my upmost admiration for how well you cope.But even the best copers in the world need time out to get their head round the amount of info you have had to digest.Please come back soon and loet us know the outcome of getting support for oreo >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

DAS and Oreo, take care of yourselves. I hope you both get the help you need from the meeting next week. We'll be here for you if you need us. Drop in when you feel able just to let us know you're both ok.

Phas

Best wishes to you both, you will be missed.

I hope you will still pop in from time to time, even if you do not feel ready to contribute.

Simon

Good luck Das and Oreo, you will be missed and welcomed back whenever you want to.

We all need time out sometimes, I think Baddad summed it once as 'autismed out' ...

Thinking of you both, HHxx