Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Topic subscription notification.

Hi Lufty or anyone else who can help.

When I signed up here I was using Outlook express for my Email. after many total computer reboots we now use Bt openworld for email although we still have outlook express. The strange thing is my email from here only goes to outlook express and not btopenworld. I thought I must be registered under an old email addy but when I tried to change it it said the email addy is the one on record on the forum.

Can anyone explain why, I want to stop using outlook cos we get so much spam.

viper.

Hi Viper

New here so forgive me if I step on any toes :)

Outlook express just collects your mail from somewhere, it isn't an email provider. You need to check in Outlook (I don't have it so I can't help with where that may be!) which pop3 server you are collecting mail from. You then need to copy that and put the information into BT Openworld instead and then delete the information from Outlook. Then BT can collect all your mail and not Outlook.

Does that make sense? I'm afraid I don't use either so I'm making a best guess!

Sally :)

Viper,go to the top of the page and click 'My controls'. Then scroll down looking on the left hand side for 'Change my e-mail settings' then you can insert your new address and ...bingo! Job done.

Hi Lufty or anyone else who can help.

When I signed up here I was using Outlook express for my Email. after many total computer reboots we now use Bt openworld for email although we still have outlook express. The strange thing is my email from here only goes to outlook express and not btopenworld. I thought I must be registered under an old email addy but when I tried to change it it said the email addy is the one on record on the forum.

Can anyone explain why, I want to stop using outlook cos we get so much spam.

viper.

Hi Viper

PM me if you need any further help with this.

Kind regards

Lufty