Sign in to follow this  
Steve_colour-se7en

EU survey to go ahead on autism levels

Hello everyone,

Article of interest, I wonder about the outcome hmmmmmmmm. interesting.

major survey on autism is to be carried out across European Union member states to see if the condition is reaching epidemic levels, it emerged today.

Disability rights campaigner Kathy Sinnott said the European Autism Information System (EAIS) project, which has ?480,000 in EU Commission funding, will discover how common the condition is.

The MEP, whose son Jaime suffers from autism, believes there is no reliable data available to determine the incidence of the disorder, which experts say is on the increase.

Ms Sinnott said: ?Research in the US has shown that autism levels have risen from four cases in every 10,000 children to an alarming 30 to 60 per 10,000 children, which would officially classify it as an epidemic.

for the rest of this article use the link. http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?...444&p=y689z8y5x

Steve..

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Tutor of Winston Churchill to Lord Randolph Churchill,

Winston's father

At the risk of starting a debate, One wonders how much the mmr vaccination is playing in the autism increase so much so it is now classifyed as an epidemic

Just a thought.i am sure there are other factors as well, like more awareness of the condition.