Sign in to follow this  
Brook

We are back....

Hi all,

We are now back from hospital, it is great to be home!

My little one was sooooo brave, he is now recuperating. :wub:

I, on the otherhand was a complete wreck when he was having his op,

I blubbed the whole time, I was on my own so I had to find somewhere to hide up!

It was the longest two hours of my life!

Anyway, thanks for all your kind messages. ;)

Brook :)

Hi Brook, good to see you back. So relieved to hear it all went well, I have never been in this situation so can't imagine what you must have gone through - you are brave as well.

Well done to your son as well, I wish him a quick and smooth recovery from the op.

>:D<<'>

K x

Brook - if you had to watch him 'count back from five' on your own i know how hard that is >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It broke me up completely and i am a strong, rugged, firm jawed hunk, so i dread to think what it must have been like for a 'girlie' like you...

Absolutlely- ******* - positively well done, both of you...

accept these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

and i promise i won't cop a sneaky feel (so that's a first)

L&P

BD :D>:D<<'>

:lol::lol::shame: No sneaky feels :shame::lol::lol:

Actually I didn't watch him count down from five, he was going crazy kicking and screaming,

they were trying to put it in his hand but the vein wasn't big enough, so the poor little lamb

had to sit on my lap whilst they attacked him with a mask, he was screaming so much that

he took in big gulps of the gas, his little eyes were looking at me as if to say 'why the hell

are you letting them do this'? then he was out, I felt absolutely awful and worried, but I knew

he had to have it done.

Our kids are our everything arent they, and it's heartbreaking when they have to have things

like that done. :wub:

It was awful for hubby too, as he was at home worrying himself sick!

But thankfully we are back home safe and sound, and my ASD son is just sooooo pleased to

have his mummy and brother back home, well, it probably wont last long as they will soon be

fighting over the gamecube, playstation and x-box. :lol::lol::lol:

Brook

I think the anaesthetic room is the worst bit, personally. :tearful:

Glad it all went well and that you are now back home. :D

Glad everything went OK for you. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

You don't really realise how fragile life is until your children end up in hospital.

My NT daughter (AS son's twin, now 9) almost died from whooping cough when she was just six weeks old - she was so ill my mother-in-law suggested we get her baptised. I refused saying she would pull through, which she did eventually. It was a horrible time, she was so tiny and full of tubes with students coming in to her cubicle to hear her cough just so they would recognise it in the future.

I never, never, never want to go through that again.

Daisy

Brook, that must have been Horrendous, watching your little man go through that. Hope everything works out ok for him now. >:D<<'>

Best wishes, Viper.

Brook >:D<<'>

Been through this with all three of mine and it is not a nice experience. David had the same problem as your son. The needle would not go into his vein and they then clamped a mask onto his face :tearful: Not nice.

On the positive side you are both back home now :thumbs: Spoil yourselves a little - or a lot you deserve it.

Carole

Pleased to hear you are both home, hope he makes a speedy recovery

Thankfully my son reacts better to gas masks but only if we pre warn him for a few days before hand, needles on the other hand :huh: he pulls them out

Hi Brook glad he,s back home, how,s the pain relief going?.............is his leg in a soft cast or plaster?...........can remember the whole op procedure all too vividly, :crying: ,my hubby could,nt handle it at all, and turned and walked away down a very long corridoor on the way up to theatre.I can remember going into the recovery room after and my little ones eyes and mouth were all swollen from where they had taped her eyes shut, and the tubes went in.You,ve all been so brave, hope his leg gets better really soon >:D<<'> love Suzex.

Hi Brook glad he,s back home, how,s the pain relief going?.............is his leg in a soft cast or plaster?...........can remember the whole op procedure all too vividly, :crying: ,my hubby could,nt handle it at all, and turned and walked away down a very long corridoor on the way up to theatre.I can remember going into the recovery room after and my little ones eyes and mouth were all swollen from where they had taped her eyes shut, and the tubes went in.You,ve all been so brave, hope his leg gets better really soon >:D<<'> love Suzex.

Thanks all. ;)

Suze,

he is in a full leg fibre glass plaster, he is obviously very used to being in plaster with his condition and he

copes really well with them, he always finds a way to do things, he amazes me. :wub:

As for pain relief everyone was astounded that when they took him off the morphine drip, he didn't require

any more painkillers, he has not moaned or cried at all, but then again I know that the plaster alleviates alot

of the pain, he has to have it taken off in six weeks time and it will definitely hurt him for a few days after

that.

Thanks for all your good wishes, they really helped. :)

Brook

we had a morphine drip too, a lifesaver, when your son comes out of this cast will he wear orthotics, or splints?..............is there any way to protect their limbs and stop them from breaking?Do you belong to a support group for your sons condition?Love Suzex.