Sign in to follow this  
hev

making writing bigger

my eyesight is very bad,im waiting to have cornea transplants,is there any way i can make the writing on screen seem bigger to me so its easier for me to read,just wondered if this was possible,thanks

Hev,

As far as I know you can only alter the size after you have typed the text. Highlight the text you want to enlarge and choose the size from the box above.

Nellie xx

Hev,

The other option is to type your text on Microsoft Word or similar and copy and paste it. I don't think you can make other member's postings bigger.

Hope this helps.

Nellie xx

If you look at the menu on the top line of the screen and choose the 'view' menu there should be an option to choose that is called 'text size' or similar ... either choose a bigger size to help [if you are using Internet explorer]

Other browsers may have an option to increase text size - you can use the increase text size option several times to make it bigger and bigger

This will work on most web pages - not just in here!

Hope this helps :)

Edited by MotherEve

In MS the Control Panel has an option called Accessibility and you can switch on a voice to read out what you've typed and adjust settings so that headers, etc are magnified. It works on webpages, never tried it on this forum.

Quite fun to play around with.

Hev, usually (if you have a mouse with a 'scroll' button in the middle), you can press the 'ctrl' button, and scroll the mouse wheel (at the same time), and it will change the size of everything within the internet window (but for some reason it doesn't work on this forum - mods?)

When on your home page, give it a try - you can always put the size back to how it was by pressing 'crtl' and scrolling the wheel in the opposite direction.

Hope this helps!