Sign in to follow this  
nix

Statement wording

Wording in provision for statement,

Full time equivelent, 1/1 experienced support assistant(s). The assistant(s) will facilitate the programmes and strategies listed below and supervise X to ensure his safety. Dedicated experienced adult support during lunchtime and playtime to supervise x and ensure his safety.

I cant beleive that they have sent another provisional statement with amendments taken out which we have agreed previously. I bet it is because the SALt have said 1/1 for their assessment.

Thankyou so much for your help I am sorry I seem to be always asking and not contributing as much. :(

Wording in provision for statement, Full time equivelent, 1/1 experienced support assistant(s).

Why hasn't your LEA quantified the hours for full time support? An experienced support assistant could be someone who has experience of working in a classroom as a general support assistant, yet this person may not necessarily have knowledge of ASD issues. Ask for dedicated, high category level of support, e.g someone who has qualifications, significant ASD understanding/knowledge and experience.

The assistant(s) will facilitate the programmes and strategies listed below and supervise X to ensure his safety.

This is a way of cutting back on expenses, i.e. getting the support assistant(s) to implement the necessary programmes/strategies that an outside agency would possibly provide.

Dedicated experienced adult support during lunchtime and playtime to supervise x and ensure his safety.

Your LEA is prepared to acknowledge the 'dedicated' support for the lunchtime and playtime, yet is hasn't mentioned dedicated support for the full time provision.

I cant beleive that they have sent another provisional statement with amendments taken out which we have agreed previously.

Has your LEA written to you, explaining why it has withdrawn the previously agreed amendments?

I bet it is because the SALt have said 1/1 for their assessment.

Does the Statement mention any SALT follow up support, e.g. the SALT to provide a SALT IEP for a workable programme, the SALT to pay regular (quantified) visits to school to monitor the efficiency of a SALT programme, the SALT to provide you with the same programme which will enable you to provide ongoing therapy at home?

Edited by Helen

Nix, on the subject of further provisional Statements... you don't want to get into the habit of receiving provisional Statement after provisional Statement. This can, in some cases, amount to maladministration on the LEA's part. LEAs use this ploy as delay tactics. Phone IPSEA for some advice.

Thankyou they haven't even agreed to that yet it is what I have agreed with the headteacher. They wrote all of the salt into part 6 which as you will be aware doesn't mean anything at all but it is specified and quantified and I already have an IEP from her which they are implementing.

I am feeling really worried that I have made the right choice of schools, He attends a mainstream school which is out of our LEA as we were due to move house. His speech is very poor, 12-18 months and same for what he understands. I know he has learning difficulties too which the Autism teacher said were at least moderate. He seems really settled at school but has recently become an absolute nightmare at home with long bedtime rituals etc. My other concern is that the school seem unwilling to read much info that I have paid for out of my own money as they already have a child in year 2 with asd they feel that they are really up on it (x is no where like him).

I don't know whether this is relevent or not but I got high rate for both mobility and care first time round until his 16th birthday.

He is 5 in May.

The other day I went into school to speak to teacher and I saw him playing by himself in the playground he was flapping his arms and brumming like he usually does by hmself and it really upset me. He has no friends but will go up to certain children and touch them inappropriately which they sometimes get cross at.

He cannot answer any questions apart from no so when the children talk to him he doesn't respond.

He is unable to sequence counting which I have only just realised, although he can count to 5 i is learnt like a nursery rhyme and when he tried to count objects it was in a funny singing voice and wasn't in sequence.

He is currently on action plus from the lea he attends for 9000 pounds which through the deployment of staff is enough for his full time 1/1 support he currently receives. :crying: