Sign in to follow this  
Brook

Theory of mind..

Hi all,

I came across this a few weeks ago and have been reading a bit each day, dont know if someone has

already put this link up, but thought it was a very interesting read, it covers 'theory of mind' and

'executive functioning'. I could really relate alot of what's said on there to my son and it gave me more

of an understanding about some things.

http://www.ddleadership.org/aspergers/cour...ry_of_mind.html

Brook

I was reading the part titled 'Time', it was talking about distinguishing dreams.

My son had a dream about three weeks ago where his cousin turned into Sandy off spongebob

squarepants. :unsure: He has driven us crazy since, he keeps shouting out and screaming "Lucy has

turned into Sandy, we must destroy her", he does this every ten minutes and is doing it as I type this

post. He even put his spongebob game on the DS so he could scream at Sandy!! The thing is, his cousin

is coming to visit on Wednesday, it really is going to take some explaining to her mum. :wacko:

Also I noticed that when my son gets upset, he always starts to refer to all the things that wind him up,

he will keep shouting them out one after the other, even things that upset him a long time ago.

I read that the triggers are very real and it said that you get the exact same feeling as the first time it

upset you.

Have probably made this all sound complicated, but son is currently shouting about spongebob and I

cant concentrate too well!

I have found quite a fair bit on that link that makes alot of sense to me and can certainly relate to it.

It will take a while to read through it and absorb it, will do so when kids are asleep. :pray::pray::lol:

My son also has great difficulty distinguishing the reality on tv, he will come into the kitchen shouting

"are those kids real on tv"? every two minutes you hear "is this real"?.

Brook

Edited by Brook

Hi Brook,

Fascinating read (so far - haven't finished yet), thanks. Can relate to what you say about your son reeling off everything that has upset him even when it happened some time ago and interesting what you say about them feeling the hurt of those past upsets afresh - food for thought for me when my daughter gets ike that.

Thanks again

Sue

xx

Hi Brook

I am just starting to study this as part of my course & its making really good reading.

I have some other titles of books which seem good on this topic too - if you are interested let me know & I can send you the names of the books

It really makes you think & the more you read the more you want to read to find out....

Cheers

Nikki

Wow brilliant Brook really worth a look and also worth passing on to parents in our group :thumbs:

Thanks

Carole

Hi Brook

I am just starting to study this as part of my course & its making really good reading.

I have some other titles of books which seem good on this topic too - if you are interested let me know & I can send you the names of the books

It really makes you think & the more you read the more you want to read to find out....

Cheers

Nikki

Thanks Nikki,

I would like the name of those books.

Brook :)