opal

Dr said its not ASD

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Opal,

I agree with all the above, it took me two years on the Merry go round so to speak before a receved a true diagnosis.

Hang in there, keep posting, there is a lot of support here either way >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Regards

Hailey. :wub:

Hidden gem

i take on board what you say i do have problems with communication but there is nothing wrong with my memory.You need to take on board that you have problems with your short term memory and may have forgoten exactly what was said.It is possible to have a.s. and lead a normal life as i do and many others do.

I think Hidden Gem said that several times over.

Anyway normal is a dangerous word.

T

Normal is what ever anyone wishes to pecieve it to be.there is no one who is entirely normal.It is probably a word that should be banned from the english dictionary.

As you are new to the forum tania it might be an idea to post on the introductions forum saying how your life is affected by a.s.

Opal, We had a long battle to get my son diagnosed. Keep on going and don't give up if you feel you are right . My son was 12 before anyone agreed to even assess him. Now it has completely turned round and they keep adding to his diagnosis!

Good luck with it all.

Ceecee and hidden gem I think you should stop taking threads over for your personal arguements, opal started this thread for advice and it's not the first thread you have hi-jacked for your own tiffs. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I don't come on this forum to read what is personally going on between brother and sister.

To be honest hidden gem seems to me ( from his posts) like he would know if he had a problem and whether he does have AS or not is a matter for him to deal with, I would never dream of trying to diagnose someone.My own brother has quite a few traits of AS but then again I think a lot of people have .If he was to ask my opinion I would tell him to see someone if he was worried but I would not tell him what I thought he had as I could be wrong!

Well now I have hi-jacked opals thread. SORRY OPAL :(

Theresa

Hi all -

Just wanted to advise my own concerns that this thread does seem to be moving from the 'general' toward the personal.

I would ask ALL forum users to consider the PM system as the most direct and unobtrusive method for individual discussions, particularly where the subject matter might be sensitive for other forum users.

Opal - very, very best wishes. I'll leave your thread alone now. Sorry for the intrusion

L&P

BD :D

Opal,

I agree with asereht. We too had a long hard battle to get A diagnosed. Started when he was 4, finally diagnosed at 12 and he too, keeps having his dxs added too. Do you know of any one in your area who is experienced in diagnosing asds not a psy dr whose interest would be more geared towards anxiety and mental health conditions, if so could you ask your doctor to refer you to them for a second opinion? It also helps if you can get another expert to back your concerns, somehow they listen more to them than parents, the Educational Welfare Officer helped me.

Whatever you do, if your concerns aren't answered, keep plugging away.

Good Luck.

Edited by Tez