Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

What a shock!

Just went into the Advice section today to see topic on twins with last post by "Destrum" - my 15 year old son who should be at school!

Imagine my relief when I discovered it was an old post that had just been moved :)

Daisy

I don't think it had been "moved" as such (using the strict forum terminology jargon, where a moved topic is one that has been moved by an admin or a moderator to a different forum, because the post had an inappropriate topic for the forum where it was originally posted).

I think it's more likely it had been "bumped" to the top of the forum, either by an admin, a moderator or the person who started the thread, lisa (using the "Bump this topic" function from the "Options" menu at the top of the thread), or that a new vote had been cast in the poll - I think that automatically bumps the topic back to the top as well.

I could be wrong though! :D

But what I wanna know is why there's a special symbol (shown at the bottom of each forum) for a "Moved Topic", and while topics here have been moved before, the symbol has never appeared alongside any of these moved topics. :wacko:

James

When a moderator moves a post, they have the choice whether to "Leave a link to the new topic in the source forum."

If they do this, the title remains in the folder where it was originally posted, but when you click on it, it takes you to the post in the folder it has been moved to. This is when the symbol shows, to show that the topic you are clicking on is actually now in another folder.

If the moderator chooses not to leave the link in the source folder, the post just appears in the new folder as if it were posted there originally.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, so that's how they do it! Me, i just copy and paste, and write an apology!! If it's too hard I won't understand it......

L&P

BD (worlds worst moderator/worlds best BSer ;) )

When a moderator moves a post, they have the choice whether to "Leave a link to the new topic in the source forum."

If they do this, the title remains in the folder where it was originally posted, but when you click on it, it takes you to the post in the folder it has been moved to. This is when the symbol shows, to show that the topic you are clicking on is actually now in another folder.

If the moderator chooses not to leave the link in the source folder, the post just appears in the new folder as if it were posted there originally.

Thanks for enlightening me, Tally. :)

James