Sign in to follow this  
007paul007

London Zoo Special needs children day

I know it is a long way off but just to let you know as soon as I get the details of Children with special needs day at London I will post them on this thread.

The day is usually a saturday in June, and you get very cheap ticlets with one carer going in free, the children get things like badges free and for example the last couple of years they got a minature talking monkey radio. There are special meet and greet areas for children with special need sonly, you have to just show your ticket and you get a voucher which gives you discount in the gift shop. There are bouncy castles, face painting, bands and more more and even though the weather is unpredictable, it really is a great educational day out, and with there being so many other children with special needs around you can walk round without any of the people that stare. I thought I would post about it now in case any of you plan a special journey or day for it. I will post the date when I recieve it.

yeah i would definately take steve to that,sounds really good,silly question but how do they know if the kids are special needs,do we show dla forms?

Yep, sounds good. As long as I can afford the transport and can get home safely, I'm all for it. Maybe we could arrange an 'ASD UK Online Forum' meet up?? :D

How long does it run for?? (hours, times) and do you know roughly what the cost would be for one carer?? (T goes free right??).

We went last year and saw so many people we knew as we went round it was just great. We booked through our parents group and had tickets issued before the day. I can't remember what it cost but it was cheap.

Hev

No you do not ask about DlA, they just ask what the disability is, As I say One carer goes free and all the other tickets are reduced and you have to book them in advanced, you can always ring London zoo and they will add you to the mailing list, but it is a fab day.

Wish i lived near London!!! :(

There is also something a lot of other zoos do called DREAM NIGHT AT THE ZOO, i have never been to one of these myself but I think it is free entry and the children get loads of free goodies, apparently it is on the same night and zoos all over the world take part, i will post the date when I get it as well.

Anyway here are the zoos

Colchester Zoo Colchester 2004

Marwell Zoological Park near Winchester 2004

Chester Zoo Chester 2004

Newquay Zoo Newquay 2005

Belfast Zoological Gardens Belfast 2005

South Lakes Wild Animal Park Dalton-in-Furness 2005

Galloway Wildlife Conservation Park Dumfries & Galloway 2005

Edinburgh Zoo Edinburgh 2005

My friend went to Dream night at Edinburgh Zoo last year, i didn't get my form in for tickets on time, but apparently it was amazing. The kids loved it and it was really emotional for the parents. They went all out to make the kids feel special ! I will definatley be going this year. we could have the Scottish ASD forum meet-up!

my mum whants to know wich london zoo it is (not shure what she means bu that)