opal

Do they look happy or down

Just wondered if your ASD kids look generally happy or sad everyday. Apart from the times when they start getting near a meltdown.

My son always seems cross with the world and not much seems to make him look happy. IS this an AS symptoms? Even when life is calm for him he looks like he is unhappy. I know AS children can have a lack of expression.

Also do they sit in very strange positions to watch TV. Jsut another thing I have noticed.

I always look unhappy. That's because there's always something wrong.

I think that some aspies are "notice-everything-bad", and some aspies are like "don't-notice-anything-bad".

Sorry cant help you with that one, H is always giggling and happy, but he giggles when stressed aswell :(

Maybe they latch on to one emotion and that emotion does all for them.

Madmooch

Umm, pass!! LOL

T seems happy in himself from what I can see but he doesn't go around with a perminant smile tattooed to his face neither! LOL But if you speak to him, his tone of voice is cross sounding and angry sounding. He don't half talk down to you in his tone! :( But then when he's excited about something that's happened on his Playstation game, his voice is very loud and happy sounding but almost too excited, like over the top happy for what has happened.

Edited by Tylers-mum

Umm, pass!! LOL

T seems happy in himself from what I can see but he doesn't go around with a perminant smile tattooed to his face neither! LOL But if you speak to him, his tone of voice is cross sounding and angry sounding. He don't half talk down to you in his tone! :( But then when he's excited about something that's happened on his Playstation game, his voice is very loud and happy sounding but almost too excited, like over the top happy for what has happened.

B is very much how you describe T. The being overly happy is something I've notice a lot. With B its almost as though its fake but she is happy... oh I don't even make sense to myself!!!!! Also if she's had a bad day at school we often get 'overly' good behaviour at home....too good/polite, again feels kind of fake....trying too hard maybe?!

I often look unhappy when I'm not. Sometimes people ask me what's wrong, and there's nothing wrong. I always say, "I'm just relaxing my face."

I tend to react in an understated way to things. For example, instead of laughing, I just smile. I think that's why people think I'm sad, but it's just that I show it differently.

M does smile but he frowns far more often. It is definately a feature of AS for him. He frowns and looks down a lot. he also has a very expressionless look on his face at times.

By the way i understood your message!!!!!!

mum22boys

On an average day I'd say my daughters face was quite blank - when she's happy it's extreme (sometimes to the point of being annoying) and when she's sad it's extreme the other way - her eyes stay very narrow and her mouth is very down her shoulders slump - all very overly exaggerated.

When she watches TV she's all corntorted with her feet somehow wrapped all round her face.

K always looks very serious but if he finds something funny he will laugh hysterically then not shut up about it all day :lol: