Sign in to follow this  
Gordie

My second driving test

:thumbs: or :oops: ?

It's ...

:thumbs:!!

Woo-hoo! :dance:

Don't ask me how I blagged that outcome though! :blink: Despite only getting an amazing 4 minor faults (out of 15 allowed), 2 being driving faults, and the other 2 on manoeuvres (1 for the reverse park and 1 for the turn in the road), I thought I'd done worse today than I did last time! Must've had a nicer examiner yesterday, I guess. I was genuinely stunned though when he told me I'd passed! I thought I'd messed it up right at the start, having needed about 2? attempts to get the reverse (parallel) park right. :lol: I just got the one minor fault for that though. But thinking I'd failed already, that fortunately relaxed me for the remainder of the test. Not so much that I started becoming careless, but enough to stop me my ###### left leg from shaking on the clutch pedal. :lol: It was so obvious, my examiner had to tell me to relax, as it was messing with my clutch control! Perhaps if he didn't also start chatting to me about my work life about halfway through the test, in a built-up town centre environment, I'd have been a little more chilled-out ... that really isn't good for the concentration! :shame: I suppose he was just trying to test me out a bit more, knowing I was doing well, and on course for a pass. But of course I didn't know that at the time!

The crucial thing this time was getting no major faults, which are instant fails. Last time, my one major fault was just a silly mistake, and without that I'd have passed with 11 minors. So I knew I could do it if I could hold myself together.

Thanks to everyone else for their best wishes and positive thoughts, which led to it stopping raining and getting marginally brighter by test time, compared to the miserable morning conditions! :)

I have permission from my best-friend-######-instructor to post a link here to her LiveJournal, so you can read her thoughts on the day. You can find the journal here - look for the entry dated/timed: Thursday, January 19th, 2006, at 7:51am ... or click here for a direct link to that specific entry.

stay calm,stay focused,dont panic,pretend driving examiner is not there at all

Calm? Relaxed? Wish you could've told my left leg that during the reverse park. :rolleyes:

or if all the above fails,pretend the driving instructor is in the nude

You probably meant my examiner, rather than my instructor ... and besides, I've imagined my instructor in the nude ... actually I won't go there! :P

You can do it and I could do with some good news so fingers, toes and eveything else crossed for you.

Glad I could be of assistance to you. ;)

Very best mate... make all your ###### ups in the lesson before - that's the way to do it!

That's exactly what I did actually! :lol: We got stuck in a traffic jam on what is normally a fast section of road (60 mph limit) shortly before my test was due to start, so we had to do a dramatic U-turn and go back the way I came, to make sure we arrived at the test centre on-time. But to make 100% certain of that, I had permission from my instructor to break a few 30 mph speed limits, so I went 35 mph or even 40 mph in places! :shame: Also, at roundabouts, coz I was feeling rather rushed, I was naughty, and twice failed to give way adequately to traffic on my right! I was baaaaaaaaad! :devil: At least I didn't hit anyone though, and thankfully got all of that out of my system early enough!

I must say I don't know any one over here that gets it first time.

We believe they make you fail the first time just to keep you humble.

All the Best Gordie, if you don't get it this time there is always next time.

Yeah - maybe that's what happened to me on my first attempt.

???????????????? dont be afraid to tell us

its not the end of the world if u didnt

u must keep trying -took me 4 times

>:D<<'> these hugs r for if u did or didnt >:D<<'>

I wasn't afraid at all. (See below!) But thanks for the hugs anyway. :D>:D<<'>

I think Gordie said he would be in either late on Thursday if not then it would be Friday.

Well remembered - I'm glad someone noticed the small print in my Calendar entry! :rolleyes: I stayed overnight with my best-friend-######-instructor and her family last night, so while I was on-line at her house, I didn't fancy delving in here for too long, preferring to enjoy her company instead. I got back home this afternoon.

James

Well Done Gordie

You are super >:D<<'>

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CONGRATULATIONS :dance::dance::dance:

It's great being able to drive, I should know, I drive myself round the bend all the time. :lol::lol:

WELL DONE

Brook

:dance::dance::dance:

I am sooooo thrilled for you Gordie. This is brilliant news it really is.

Well done and Congratulations :thumbs:

Carole

:groupwave:

Well done, Gordie...

Keep death off the roads... drive on the pavement...

sorry I don't know a newer driving joke, but congrats anyway

Best

BD :D

so when do you get your own car?

Good question! :lol:

James

Gordie congrats :clap::clap::clap::clap: I honestly thought I drove best on my 1st test.,still failed. by the time I got to my 4th attempt I wasn't even bothering to tell anyone I was taking a test :lol:

>:D<<'> Thats brilliant news Gordie, well done! You must feel very proud of yourself!! :cheers: