Sign in to follow this  
Gordie

Calendar

What's the point in the Calendar feature of this forum (apart from birthdays), when no-one is able to make proper use of it without having to nudge an admin or moderator first every time they make a new entry or edit an existing one? :huh:

I find it very frustrating to make entries on there, for the benefit of the forum as a whole (because forthcoming events appear on the main index page of the forum), only to come back days later and find they still haven't appeared on the Calendar. :wallbash:

And when writing entries for the Calendar, we get no feedback as to what has happened to the entry either - it just doesn't appear. :blink: It would be nice for the system to come back and tell us that the entry requires moderator approval before it will appear, but we get nothing. And it seems the system doesn't even tell anyone that their approval is required for an entry either.

Moderator approval is fine, as long as the moderators bother to check the Calendar for new or edited entries on there. At present, this is not happening. :shame: I have to PM an admin/moderator to get their attention every time I write a new entry on the Calendar, or edit an existing one. :angry:

Although, to be honest, I don't really see why moderator approval is even necessary here. :huh: We're generally a decent bunch of people, so why would any of us enter anything inappropriate on the Calendar? :unsure: And even if someone did, retrospective moderation would be sufficient, I think, as with any other forum post here, by deleting the relevant entry once it had been discovered.

So ... what gives?

James

Oh er...

Sorry Gordie - i will be completely honest and say i haven't got a clue... but I'm sure Lufty will be able to answer when he's next on line (or Kris)... When he does, i will take careful note so I will know what to do next time.

Bear + Little + Brain = Baddad :lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D