Sign in to follow this  
asereht

advice posts

I just wondered if anyone else has noticed that on the board lately when someone asks for advice it turns into a debate/argument with some and the orignal post/question is getting lost/ignored.

An example of this is my post on ritalin and opals post for advice on diagnosis ( the latter being an important one that because of debate/argument pushed it right to the bottom of the board list and so it got lost.I fear if this goes on many may stop asking for advice.

Just an opinion I felt I needed to share. :(

Edited by asereht

Yep, I have noticed this. It has happened on one or two of my posts also and I tend to ignore them and just read the ones that answer my query or problem.

It is sad and annoying but it's not going to stop me from asking questions or from coming to this board b/c other than the few that choose to debate on other people's posts, there are many many wonderful people here whom have helped me a LOT in the time I have been here and I am soooo thankful to them.

This board still rocks!! :dance:

Yes I have noticed this, It has happened to some of my posts. It can be quiet upsetting if you are asking for advice on something you are really worried about. We all have different views on things, its just sometimes we need a little more support.

Maybe need to set up a debate thread so you can go and battle it out there instead of where others are asking for advice.

Nikrix

Hello everyone,

Very well addressed thank you.

Steve..

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Tutor of Winston Churchill to Lord Randolph Churchill,

Winston's father

Sorry - I'm guilty of this on the Ritalin question :( - I felt that there was wrong and potentially misleading advice and sought to correct it ... got a bit annoyed when I read the info recommended.

Forgive me Theresa

I'll try to set up a new thread for debate next time ... if I can cope with the technology ...!

I am guilty of this too.I'm sorry I will set up a new thread too like mother Eve says.I appreciate it can be very frustrating and annoying.Please accept my apology :)

Yep, I have noticed this. It has happened on one or two of my posts also and I tend to ignore them and just read the ones that answer my query or problem.

It is sad and annoying but it's not going to stop me from asking questions or from coming to this board b/c other than the few that choose to debate on other people's posts, there are many many wonderful people here whom have helped me a LOT in the time I have been here and I am soooo thankful to them.

This board still rocks!! :dance:

I fully agree ,but was worried it may put some people off :(

Ceecee and Mother eve no need to apologise I just thought it needed mentioning somtimes these things happen and we don't even realise we are doing it .I don't doubt it was not intentional. A debate thread may be the thing!

Still love this site and the people on it :notworthy:

Theresa

Guest flutter

could it be that we are all so familiar with each other that we do that

alos i hate starting a thread

but will bear this in mind

}i{ c xx