Sign in to follow this  
microsoft_admin

lets talk star trek

Hello

I like Star Trek but I don't watch it all that much now. I used to watch the very first ones with my Dad. I like some of the newer ones too.

Which is your favourite series?

Barefoot

deep space 9

as it has such diversity to it with endless possibilities

Of the new ones I think Voyager's my favourite as it had a lady captain and 'I'm a lady' (said with best Little Britain impersonation).

I also like the Jean Luc-Picard ones.

What is the series that has that chap in who used to be in a series where he'd randomly arrive in some strange time to do a good deed - what, on earth was that called? It was good though - kind of sci-fi. Sometimes he'd go back in time and be a woman or coloured or a kid, etc.

I'm going to have to explore the internet to find out now.

Do you have any ideas?

Barefoot

Edited by barefoot wend

was it called quantum leap cant remember who was in it though but do remember watching it saw a bit of an old film with the old guy in it yesterday.

Of the new ones I think Voyager's my favourite as it had a lady captain and 'I'm a lady' (said with best Little Britain impersonation).

I also like the Jean Luc-Picard ones.

What is the series that has that chap in who used to be in a series where he'd randomly arrive in some strange time to do a good deed - what, on earth was that called? It was good though - kind of sci-fi. Sometimes he'd go back in time and be a woman or coloured or a kid, etc.

I'm going to have to explore the internet to find out now.

Do you have any ideas?

Barefoot

thats the last episode it is called all good things it is a 2 part episode

was it called quantum leap cant remember who was in it though but do remember watching it saw a bit of an old film with the old guy in it yesterday.

I use to love quantum leap. I love star wars. so do my boys. when i was small i loved luke :wub:

Right .... nerdy Sci Fi hat on here.

Quantum Leap was about Sam Beckett played by Scott Bakula who also plays Captain Jonathan Archer of the Enterprise. Dean Stockwell was Sam's sidekick in Quantum Leap and also appears in a number of episodes of Enterprise. Stockwell originally played Grat in an episode called "Detained", a Tandaran colonel who dealt with Capt. Archer and Mayweather after they entered Tandaran airspace.

Yes, I love Star Trek - people in the office would call me a Trekkie but I wouldn't. I do remember getting all funny when I saw a reconstruction of the bridge of Kirk's Enterprise at the Hancock Musuem though. Sigh!

:)

Daisy

I love sci fi

I watched all the next generation series on tv.I watched all deep space 9,and voyeger which there re showing on channel 4 or 5 not sure on a saturday night right from the begining.I also love star gate and star gate atlantis.And we also watch Enterprise.Ive seen all the Star trek films and ive watched Star wars all the episodes back to back numerous times.

Now who are the best baddies.

For me it has to be the Borg and the Gemadar, i think thats how you spell it.

I wish theyd make a film with the gemedar in.Or the cardasians.Brill stuff.

Edited by Paula

I lurv star trek. i can remember when i was seven yrs old being allowed to sneak back downstairs after me and my sis had been sent to bed to watch the original star trek series, i would have been 6 or 7, probably 1969/70. i can always remember there would be some alternative versions to the end credits and one of them ended with a really scary face that used to freak me out man(one had a sexy green dancing woman - but thats another story) still a big fan today, although I thought that the last series with the quantum leap guy was a bit limp (no pun intended). best of recent years was the borg, and that 7of 9 - whoah! I also read a lot of sci fi (when taking a break from reading the classics of course - not) - just finishing the latest alastair reynolds 'pushing ice', and just finished '9tail fox', which was excellent. And of course, the greatest of them all is Dr Who.

if you got star trek question or whant to quizz me on star trek or just whant to talk star trek (like me) then plz post lol

if you got star trek question or whant to quizz me on star trek or just whant to talk star trek (like me) then plz post lol

last year i was trying to build a warpp 5 model warp engine compleate with lights and sound fx

NuqneH Micro

Do you have a favourite ever episode? I have several:

I don't remember episode names but I like:

1. the episode where the DS9 crew go back in time to Kirk's enterprise to seek out the Klingon guy who puts a bomb in the tribbles

2. The one where Worf is led to the planet where the Romulans and survivors of Khitomer Massacre (apoligies for spelling) live and he teaches them what it is to be warriors again - defo favourite!

3. The one where Worf has to face trial for his father's dishonour

As you can tell, I like the Klingon episodes the best.

tlhIngan maH!

(I only speak a few words so don't confuse me :D )

Daisy

Don't have a favourite episode, but my favourite series was the Voyager one. My least favourite was DS9 - they had good characters, but I prefer it where the crew are travelling not static on a space station.

dasey you first fravrit episode is called trouble with the tribbles

your 2nd fravrit episode is called bith tright wich is a 2 part episode i think this was the incident that acored on star date 46578.4

3rd frafrit is sins of the father this episode is a seson 3 episode

jill in ds9 episode 1.1 season 1 volume 1 the emisary the station was moved to protect the worm whole by erecting a sub space field around the station while fiering the stations control thrustors this gave the station the ability to travel at impulse speed by lowering the stations mass through the use of the fieled

the idea was originaly magor kiras but cheif o brian was the one who exicuted the plan

fluttor i ahave herd that there is an episode of star trek (not shure wich serios though ) that is stongly based on star gate i dont know any thing about this suposed star gate vs star trek prodigay episode but if any one knows the name of it plz let me know

Wow Microsoft Admin, you really are a big fan!

Did you like the most recent StarTrek series where it was supposed to be pre Jean Luc Picard / Generations? I only watched a couple but didn't like it.

fluttor i ahave herd that there is an episode of star trek (not shure wich serios though ) that is stongly based on star gate i dont know any thing about this suposed star gate vs star trek prodigay episode but if any one knows the name of it plz let me know

you may be intrested in this

the download page

it is a star trek spoof movie created by a bunch of rushions it is compleatly free download and very very funny

i dont know rushian but i understand the whole movie just be watching what they do and using my knoledge of star trek to fill in the gap

there was an article in the wikipedia about this wikipedia articicle

this spoff of star trek was downloaded 600,000 times in the first week (MAN THAT GOT TO BE GOOD)

Wow Microsoft Admin, you really are a big fan!

Did you like the most recent StarTrek series where it was supposed to be pre Jean Luc Picard / Generations? I only watched a couple but didn't like it.

Star trek Entiprise

saw it all

got all the seasons (SAVE STAR TREK ENTIPRISE)

the show was cut from the air as it was felt that it was not getting enough ratings

my fravrit episode is Deep Space 9 Episode 7.9 What you leve behind

it is a feater length episode and very very touching (i got very emotinal watching this episode and was crying my eyes out lol)

this episode is eaven more hart breaking if you have watched every single episode before it in order of relese

(WELL DONE AVARY BROOKS THAT WAS THE BEST PERFORMANCE I EVOR SAW)<i hope me putting that is not agenst the 3rd party rule (still a lot confused on that one>)

Exterminate... :D

nugneH microsoft admin ,

jIyaj HIja.

Most of the time however, being AS I was under the impression that I was am usually speaking another language anyway<grins>and the only other people who understand are actually like myself and my son do we look familiar in this picture just scroll down you cannot miss us. http://www.colour-se7en.co.uk/kids.htm

Steve..

I think the boy means well but he is distinctly inclined to be inattentive......

Tutor of Winston Churchill to Lord Randolph Churchill,

Winston's father

Edited by Steve_colour-se7en

dr who quote taken from darlexs

*Applauds violently if not altogether sincerely*