Sign in to follow this  
oracle

My Lap Top has Died

First of all my e-mail addy went down - Eldest is sure it's my fault. Then we lost the router - my fault again - and he had to fix that - now the lap top is just dead :( Boy is he going to be pleased with me when he comes home from work. I switched it on at lunch time and nothing.

So I am at the mercy of my kids now. Eldest wont even let me know where he hides this lap top - just as well David can be relied upon to feed his Mothers addiction. :P But even so I will be at his mercy now and the most important thing I have to do is to keep checking the mail for the Sensory Conference.

So I may be able to pop in and out but not so much. Will you miss me :lol:

Carole

It might be worth taking the battery out and reinserting it Carole, give the contacts a good blow. It sounds daft but I have done this so many times at work now that they think I have magic powers to ressurect laptops from the dead!

Edited by phasmid

yes take out battery blow the contacts reinsert battery AND put on charge for 1 hoer if still nothing turn laptop over and locate the squere pannal (gives you accses to ram) before you do this make shure you are grounded use an anti static wrist band or atach some wire around you wrist and then to a cold water pipe (make shre the metal of wite is touching both ur skin and the pipe) remove the battery and unscrwe the pannal and remove the ram then try starting the computor using the mains if nothing happans your lap top will need to be opend up so you can gain accsess to the bios battery if that is the case pm me and i will send you further info on how to do that

Thanks lads,

The battery on the lap top died months go and I got the blame for that to :angry: I am 'not' that useless :lol: I can only use it with the power pack now. It was at this point that Rob bought a new lap top and gave me the lap top. This one is now his. He said he would never let me use it but here I am sitting next to him as I type and while he is now doing a system recovery. If that works then the next hurdle will be re-connecting to the router. First time around we had a guy in to connect the router so we may have to do that again. In the mean time I will just have to continue to be nice to Rob :wub:

Carole

Thanks lads,

The battery on the lap top died months go and I got the blame for that to :angry: I am 'not' that useless :lol: I can only use it with the power pack now. It was at this point that Rob bought a new lap top and gave me the lap top. This one is now his. He said he would never let me use it but here I am sitting next to him as I type and while he is now doing a system recovery. If that works then the next hurdle will be re-connecting to the router. First time around we had a guy in to connect the router so we may have to do that again. In the mean time I will just have to continue to be nice to Rob :wub:

Carole

well at least you got lap top working with mans

btw if you whant to try it (it is riskey slightly dangorus and i wouldent recomend it follow the below sugestion at your owen risk <modirators not shure if im ok to post this that is why i am trying to make it clear it is riskey> eaven though i done this sevral times)

you can open the battery up and check the internal conections

if it is a long battery that is rectanguler shaped then just let me know but it sounds like you got a small is rectanguler battery take battery out and use a thin but sharp chisel and a hammer to lightly tap open the case 4 cm away from front left top edge repeat with oppisit edge and inser a non conductive material in to the 2 holes to turn the internal current in the battery off (if you find it is a chemial base battery then make shure you dont touch the powderd stuff or the mats or sepirators if the battery starts to heat up at any point stop what you are doing lay battery dowen remove the non conductive materials from either end and leave it for half an hoer) if it is cell based battery you will be ok to compleatly open the caseing check that all the wires are conected propperly to the sells and check the strips of metal also you may need to use a multi meater to check the internal fuse afta you finishe chacking the battery glue case back together with a hot glue gun and reinsert in to laptop