007paul007

O/T Celebrity big Brother

Just thought i would pose an idea by the Current Celebrity Big Brother series, I must admits I have seen some of it, not really interested myself but I was thinking that what if the one that was not a celebrity, It's the dumb blonde girl who thought Dundee was in Wales, I think her name is Chantelle. Just that if she goes and wins it then are Big Brother breaking any advertiements rules, could they be done for false advertising, because until she went in there she was not a celebrity at all just another Joe Public, for those people that say well she is a celebrity now because of Big Brother , then surely the shows where the contestants are all Joe Public must be called Celebrity Big Brother after the first show ! False advertising, or have big brother lost the plot I mean how can anyone from Joe Public win a celebrity contest ?

Just thought it might be good to open it up after I heard on my local radio about a punter who had placed abet on who to win and that he would take action against Big brother if a non celeb won ?

What do you think ?

Just thought i would pose an idea by the Current Celebrity Big Brother series, I must admits I have seen some of it, not really interested myself but I was thinking that what if the one that was not a celebrity, It's the dumb blonde girl who thought Dundee was in Wales, I think her name is Chantelle. Just that if she goes and wins it then are Big Brother breaking any advertiements rules, could they be done for false advertising, because until she went in there she was not a celebrity at all just another Joe Public, for those people that say well she is a celebrity now because of Big Brother , then surely the shows where the contestants are all Joe Public must be called Celebrity Big Brother after the first show ! False advertising, or have big brother lost the plot I mean how can anyone from Joe Public win a celebrity contest ?

Just thought it might be good to open it up after I heard on my local radio about a punter who had placed abet on who to win and that he would take action against Big brother if a non celeb won ?

What do you think ?

i watch it when i can but i dont know the celebs in the house at the moment

I am only bumping this up as people did not have chance to read it last time as it went off the first page quicker than lightnening

O/T I hope Pete wins :devil: but to answer the question, Jade Goody is a less than mensa character jane nobody, who is now a celeb solely for being on big brother- so I would say that this is just an advance notice of celebrity status, and Chantelle qualifies as a celeb soley for being a BB contestant. It's a fine line, but to be honest I still don't know who Preston is and the level of many of the celebs on there is pretty Joe Bloggish in itself. I think its an arrogant power kick for BB to show they have the power of Midas in its little finger, the power to say 'I pick you to be a celeb- and waves its BB wand and voila- instant celeb.' I think it goes a long way in demystifying celebrity. I don't think it can be held up as false advertising. Its not an advertisement, but an entertainment show. It is creative licence to call a show whatever you like. The title doesn't have to represent the contents of the tin- Little angels isn't about angels.. and Kirsty's home video's are everyone else's but hers.. it should come with an advise label though.. Celebrity Big Brother may contain nuts. :wacko:

Strange Girl

Good points, but as you know Jade Goody or whatever her name was a nobody until Big Brother, and surely the idea of a Celebrity Big Brother is that all the contestants are knownand have been in the public eye one way or another, no matter how big or small before going into the hous. Chantelle never did, perhaps they should call all the shows including the ones with Joe public in celebrity Big Brother, I mean come on how can you have a nobody winning a celebrity show, it is a bit like the Harlem Globetrotters winning the FA Cup final of football LOL !

Yes, all good points too. But I think if the Harlem globe trotters won fair and square then wow! good job- take the cup! :lol: The fact is, that if Chantelle wins it's because the public have voted her to win. She may have began as a red herring- but its the other celebs and the public that have kept her up there. Obviously not everyone is as bothered that she is a fake celeb. :blink:

I am sure BB couldn't be sued if a non-celeb won. Whovever placed a bet doing so knowing who the runners and riders were and if he is stupid enough to have bet a large some of money on the ooutcome of a TV reality show he can't really complain if he loses it all.

Simon

Well - I may be a saddo - but I only knew two of the contestants as celebs - never heard of the others .... :lol:

Hi all BB watchers B)

Well, I've been watching live stream on my internet and am unhappy how they had edited the show for the hour on channel 4 that all see. They can make people look mean but they don't show the full story - fix really. :whistle:

I am really shocked as the 2 people i liked, I now dislike. Michael & Preston.

I've alway's loved Pete - he's strange to look at but just love his personality! He's been so entertaining. I also like Maggot.

I think Pete will go 1st tonight and that Chantelle will win but as long as Preston is out before Maggot I'll be smilig :P

No BB after tonight-at least I will get back on track with mundane jobs around the house and get my ASD coursework done in time :lol: I'm alway's on at Dan about leaving homework till last minite but i'm just as bad :lol::lol::lol:

Best Wishes,

Rach x

Well the non celeb won, from what I seen of it she did look like a blonde bimbo.

These programs are the pits I have to say, I wouldn't bother to watch them. It's some sort of 'freak' show akin to the victorian idea of having a day out at an asylum to watch the inmates for fun. I think it says more, about the viewers than the participants, most of whom (Participants), are a sad and worrying set of people in need of help, and obviously need counselling or medication if most of what we read is remotely accurate. I'm just happy disabled and others have enough sense to stay well away from this. Dumb TV, can it get any worse, you better believe it... We'll see someone carted off in a straightjacket soon, that'll provide another 3 million viewers, there's no limit is there ?

Disabled people shunned it, at least some of us have sense.