Sign in to follow this  
LindaB

3 Dimensional Interview

I am seeing my daughters psychiatrist that is assessing her for Aspergers on Thursday where she will be conducting a 3di interview. Has anybody any experience of this, if so what sort of information are they looking for? Any help would be much as appreciated as I would like to go equipped with the right information.

Thanks

Hi Linda and welcome to the forum

I've had a look on google but it's a bit vague.

Perhaps it just means he's being interviewed by 3 different people at the same time each focussing on a different aspect. eg: one speech and understanding, two body movements, three reponses or something.

If you're concerned it may be worth giving them a call so you can prepare your child in advance.

Hopefully someone else knows for you, plenty of advice here

Daisy

Edited by DaisyProudfoot

Thanks for looking it up. She only want to interview me. I know it takes about 3 hours and we are doing the interview over 3 sessions. I guess I'll just have to take any information I have about Sarah's development. I know when they start asking me at what age she did such and such my mind goes blank. She's 14 now so her baby days were a long time ago!

Edited by LindaB

The 3DI is a new diagnostic computer programme that has originated from the Institute of Child Health. I don't know an awful lot about it but I think it's main use is in cases where the diagnosis of ASD is not clear cut. It is a parental questionaire that covers a wide range of questions about your child's development and current abilities and takes a few hours to complete. As well as being a tool for helping diagnose ASD it can also help include or exclude other diagnoses like anxiety, depression, OCD, beahvioural problems, ADHD. It is not intended to be absolute, you have to assess the child as well but it can help with the diagnostic process

Liz x

Thanks for that. Sarah has been assessed by the clinical psychologist and the psychiatrist so hopefully this might be the final stage and we get some answers. I will go armed with all her school reports etc and hopefully I will be able to remember ages etc!