Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

'MMR fears coming true'

A former Government medical officer responsible for deciding whether medicines are safe has accused the Government of "utterly inexplicable complacency" over the MMR triple vaccine for children.

Dr Peter Fletcher, who was Chief Scientific Officer at the Department of Health, said if it is proven that the jab causes autism, "the refusal by governments to evaluate the risks properly will make this one of the greatest scandals in medical history".

He added that after agreeing to be an expert witness on drug-safety trials for parents' lawyers, he had received and studied thousands of documents relating to the case which he believed the public had a right to see.

He said he has seen a "steady accumulation of evidence" from scientists worldwide that the measles, mumps and rubella jab is causing brain damage in certain children.

But he added: "There are very powerful people in positions of great authority in Britain and elsewhere who have staked their reputations and careers on the safety of MMR and they are willing to do almost anything to protect themselves."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...74&in_a_source=

About time is all i can say................

'It is also considering flu jabs for under-twos - not to protect the children, but adults they may infect.'

That's just shocking :o

Let's hope Dr Fletcher doesn't get the same sort of treatment as Dr Wakefield ... :(

If I had to make the decision now I wouldn't go the MMR route ...

OMG...

It'll be the same old tired research coming out of the same old tired carrier bag full of half truths in respose no doubt... enough dirty smoke to obscure any evidence there might be... Just ONE thing... One confirmed link and it'll open the floodgates for ALL those other 'crackpot theories' that governments reject out of hand but parents SWEAR apply :pray::pray::pray:

BD

personally I do not think the MMR causes my sons autism, maybe the mercury in all the injections was a possible cause for it. I think we need to wait and see what research comes out. Dr Wakefield research was bias and not predicable else where in the world.

We need to see what other pieces of research come out here and in other countries. No one wants children to be damaged and end up having ASD or Aspergers because we as parents know how this affects our children and families.

There was some research being done on children re mercury levels does any one know about these.

Jen

Guest hallyscomet

:angry: In my experience the parents don't have a chance in proving this as there is so much money at stake and the Pharmaceutical giants and medical profession are in bed together making millions padding their own pockets. They have the money and power to crush any parent.

I am one of those parents that have evidence in black and white and could sue but dont stand a chance against this.

I talked and debated with a lot of professionals over here and they said and agreed the MMR should be broken down into single injections as some children mine included cannot tolerate the three.

At 15 my sons health went down hill more and more into the ASD world after the booster at 15 up until them he was living a happy life coping in mainstream. He was diagnosed with ASD at age 4 but through a lot of money time and effort and therapy with a wonderful support network he was coping with mainstream, after being told a 5 that hemay not be able to do this.

Boy would I like to have my day in court. But I know the system SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont stand a chance, I only stand a chance of being called a paranoid bad mother just to name a few of this insults I am not prepared to have tossed at me B.....ds :shame:

At 15 my sons health went down hill more and more into the ASD world after the booster at 15

I didn't know there was a booster at 15 :(

I think that it must be very hard for anyone to believe that a vaccine can produce such profound affects unless they have lived through it. I did with David saw a massive regression within days of the MMR. Now that could just of been coincidence - however - after a booster aged 11 because of a Measles outbreak in our area, we had another massive regression. That makes it more than just a coincidence to me.

But then who am I?

The research may well be old and tired along with the carrier bag but if in someway ANY Vaccine is damaging our children then sorry we need to expose it.

Carole

I didn't know there was a booster at 15 :(

We have just had the forms to sign for the MMR booster for year 10 and year 11 as they are saying mumps is going around the district. I don't know if the MMR jab caused my daughter's Aspergers or her IBS but I am not prepared to take the risk.

I have read that it is not the mercury (I think this has been removed) in the jabs but the fact that the viruses do overload the system and as they are injected directly into the bloodstream- they bypass the bodys normal defense routes and therefore miss the bodys additional sytems for fighting viruses. Whatever the school of thought is...it aint the natural way to catch a virus!!!..I personally think it has been a contributing factor in my sons autism and bowel problems/food intolerances..

Looking at other countries where MMR vaccines are not given to the children because of the cost there is still steady increase in the number of children being diagnosed ASD. Since the introduction of MMR the number of cases of ASD have not significantly increased.

Mercuy was only removed from the vaccines in early 2005. As far as I know mercury was never put in the MMR to stablise the vaccines because there was evidence available to say it was toxic. It is now difficult to buy mercury thermometers because of the evidence of the dangers of mercury. No national studies have been done for mercury toxicity in children.

In countrys like Poland children have more immunisations at a youner age than here. Yet they larger numbers of children diagnosed.

I know its very confusing for all of us but unless there are global studies conducted then we may never find the cause of ASD or what causes the complexity of ASD.

I do know alot of medical people who have children with ASD and the majority of these have received there full courses of immunisations. Obviously their parents would of received more vaccinations than the average person because they recieve a booster of vaccinations on entry to joining the NHS and boosters during there working life.

Its so confusing which ever way you look at it.

Jen

well my son had the first injection and then it came to light his probs[although looking back think even as a baby something wasnt right]

but i refused him having 2nd jab-hes now 4 and stopped my 3 year old having any.

i did keep mentioning it all to my sons peadatriction who i think tryed to shrug it off and didnt want me to go down that route of saying could that jab have had any contributing factor to my sons probs

having said that my nephew didnt have that jab cause hes 25 and dont think it was about and he dx with AS and tourettes and ocd so ive that to think about to.

i think its a case of some children may be naturally disposed to these conditions and just maybe the mmr may give it the extra push towards it.of course they wont say this because they want to protect the majorty of kids that have no concerns .-thats only my opinion everyone-every one should make there own choices.

Mercury 'Thimerosal' has only recently been removed from the DTP Vaccine in the UK. I have read that since it was removed the rates of autism in California are now dropping. Interesting. Mercury is a toxic poison that is a fact. It is also a fact that Vets took 'Thimerosal' out of the vaccines that were giving to dogs some 15 years ago because they decided that in some dogs it was leading to brain injury and insanity. This is a fact - one that I shared with Paul Shattock many moons ago now.

My belief is that the 'Thimerosal' opened the door for the MMR to crash the system. But I say again who am I? And who am I to believe that what they have replaced 'Thimerosal' with is something else that I would not want to inject into my child?

Carole

Edited by carole

I'm a fairly level-headed, objective, just barely educated, sort of bloke and I know with every fibre of my being, on every instinctive level, that Alex was a different little boy days after he had the MMR in 1988, and I said this at the time to relatives, mentioned it to Doctors, and this was long before I heard about any link between MMR and autism, and obviously long before he was diagnosed. Anyway, I've long since held the view that those at the top of the tree absolutely do know that there is a link, but are willing to sacrifice the health of the minority for the benefit of the majority and I therefore regard most politicians with the utmost contempt. Similarly, the financial cost (and reputational damage) to a government to allow a link to be proven is enough, in their view, to merit suppression of evidence and debunking of theories. Anyway, rant over, thank you for listening, getting back in my box.......

Ray

I for one agree with you.I know what I saw with my own eyes.I was actuallt told by gt ormond street that my dd autistic encephalitus was caused by the measels part of the mmr vaccination but the link could not be proven!!!????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whatever the school of thought is...it aint the natural way to catch a virus!!!..

I agree - and add to that the shock to the system (particularly the adrenals) of having the injection, the fillers etc. When my eldest was vaccinated I was asked if he was allergic to eggs, he wasn't weaned so I didn't know. Might have something to do with chick embryo, chicken egg, and duck egg being on the list of potential fillers. What happens when a substance introduced as a vaccine filler is then constantly met in food and toiletries etc? My FIL is sensitive to MSG, and its a potential vaccine filler. My husband is VERY allergic to sheep's cheese (though not lamb meat funnily enough) and "washed sheep red blood cells" is on the list as a potential filler. Makes me wonder.

I have doubts that mercury or the measles component or "triples" are the only issues, :unsure: which is why I won't risk them at all. Too many doubts. :(

The "evidence", oh the "evidence"!

Pharmaceutical companies have produced item after item that has been lauded as "safe".

Thalidomyde

The early female contaceptive pills

Seroxat

Valium

Loads of them.

20 years after everybody knows there is something wrong there is finally the research "evidence" and meanwhile Pharms destroy peoples lives and make lots of profits.

If the following scenario is correct then

Autism and related PDDs are developmental disorders although I think they are simply differences and it is a neurotypical medical desire to regard a difference as a disorder. The cause is almost certainly related to immune system overload resulting in neural pathways developing in a different way. Medics call it a disorder but it is simply a difference. As a result there is a distortion of the typical development with visual and or auditory short term memory underperforming other senses function at heightened levels smell, touch, taste etc

The overload in some cases is caused by heavy metal toxicity and a predisposition to be unable to detoxify and this can arise in a variety of ways including from cumulation of vaccinations such as MMR which are now given far more prolifically than in the past.

But it can arise in other instances too for example due to the use of antibiotics with resultant temporary imbalancing of the immune system and this can in turn increase the damage to the gut and that in turn affects the supply of key neurotransmitters in the brain.

What is clear is that the Government and the NHS are now as vulnerable as the Pharms to legal action and the sheer scale of potential damage claims is ENORMOUS nd that is why anyone involved with an autistic person should be aware that the institutions they assume are there to help are actually on the other side.

You will find that there are:

Failures to record bad reactions to MMR and other vaccines

Deliberate delays in diagnosis and treatment

Deliberate misinformation and misinterpretationabout facts

Deliberate failure to commission appropriate evidential research

Failure to support anybody who puts there head above the parapet to cry "foul"

Witchunts as with Wakeman and others

Those of us who remember some of the cover ups that took place on nuclear and toxic chemical leakages should realise the sheer scale of this ###### up means that multinational Pharms and a number of states and their healthcare systems are all in danger.

Across the board there are people afraid to say what they really think because of the repurcussions for them and their children.

If this is indeed reality, it is the most flagrant abuse of human rights ever.

Mercury 'Thimerosal' has only recently been removed from the DTP Vaccine in the UK.

The new 5-in-1 DTPetc vaccine doesn't contain mercury, the previous DTP-Hib one did. However about 4 years ago there was a shortage of that vaccine from the manufacturer so a slightly different brand was given which didn't contain thimerosal. A whole cohort of children received this jab for their 2,3,4 mths jabs. These kids were the ones who had to have the catch-up hib booster at 15mths. I was concerned about the DTP-Hib jab as DS started to show some developmental delay when he was 3 mths and wondered about mercury but found out he'd actually been given the mercury-free one anyway.

Liz x

I read the Mail because they do keep ASD in the front line.

So that's it I've been outed :lol:

Carole

Drug companies only pay for research to research there drups because it take such large amounts of money. There will never be any money available from the research companies to research funding into autism. The goverment are not likely to put large sums of money into research when so few children are affected.

So it looks like we are left to carry on and pick up the pieces and try to survive on a day to day basic.

Jen

Hi, I have one son who is 7 and has been diagnosed with Pathological demand avoidance syndrome (part of the family of pervasive development disorders). James has both the MMR at about 14mths, and booster at age 4. I cannot remember anything significant happening at the time of his MMR, but there was no indication his behaviour was unusual until he was about 18mths old.

I also have an 11month old son who will in the not too distant future be expected to have the MMR. We do not really want to leave him at risk of getting any of these diseases, but are worried in case it 'triggers' an ASD/PDD - I am not an expert but I know that these types of developmental delays can occur in siblings, and if it is a genetic thing who is to say that the MMR might not trigger some sort of reaction??

I cannot relate my eldests babyhood to my youngests (too far apart to remember many of things common to both). The only thing they both seem to share is that my youngest too seems to be wanting to never keep still now he is finding his feet, and he gets very stroppy when he cannot have his own way - probably like many other 11mth olds!!!

What do others think? Are single vaccines better or just the same? Would a GP consider giving single vacciness if there is a sibling with ASD/ PDD? Anyone got any comments/ opinions to share.

Thanks

Debbie

This subject is such a minefield.

My head spins whenever I think too hard about it.

I am sure that the MMR made Julian's autism so much worse - he was always slightly odd as a baby so think it may be something he was born with.

I am not having Jamie's MMR done in the triple and am looking at getting them done individually.

People tell me not to be selfish and that if Julian has his mmr then it is better he regresses than gets measles. (I am sure some of you will remember the thread about that one!).

no one said being a parent was easy. :crying:

Supersec

A lot of the symptoms of our children are noticed at 2,3,4or 5 years. Hence some people are now waiting until there children are at school to have the first MMR. Sometimes single injections sometimes combined.

You can not get single MMR vacinations on the NHS

Jen

I'm very confused by all of this. I have gone down the private route of single jabs. I also wanted to make sure my son was immune. So far I have done 2 blood tests and he is not immune to measles and mumps. He has so far received 2 measles jabs and one mumps. He's not even 5 yet but I just can't go on jabbing. I took him to the homeopath ( they don't really believe in vaccinations). She said that I immunize him now against mumps, by the time he's adult that immunity would ware off and he would be more prone to get it then. In her opinion it's better having a childhood illness in childhood and deal with it then.

I think my son has immune system issuees as he's not building antibodies ... also he had Moluscum Contagiosum for ages.

Anybody else done blood tests? Do you know if your kids are immune?

If anybody knows anything on the subject, I would be very grateful.

MY asd son went into a coma 3 days after his booster mmr, he had bad reaction to first one as well, but i didn't notice any regression but never thought it was linked. He was really ill in hospital and no one knew what was wrong with him, it was really strange because i didn't understand anything that was happening at the time. I'm convinced it was linked to his coma now.

Im sorry to say that i have to agree with whats been wrote so far. I never believed that the MMR caused my sons aspergers, as he had Traits before the first jab. BUT before his booster 6 weeks ago, school told me they thought he was doing well, and interacting more, even having the attention to sit and pick up a book, he was comming out of his world to study like the other children (albeit slowly). Then as you might remember we took kieran along for his pre-school booster and the doctor gave him the MMR by mistake, and since then my world has been crashing by my ears, i didnt want to say anything to anyone (anywhere) for fear that it was in my imagination (as usual) but the school have now said he has 'gone back' in that he has no attention, in very much in his world, and seems vauge 'all the time' certainly at home he is much worse and flaps all the time his obsession is so intense he is talking about it whilst asleep. He has had a constant cold for 2 weeks, now has a hacking cough and earache, not to mention the fact he is poo'ing 6+ times a day (used to be about 3) COINCEDENCE????????? I think not. :angry:

I don't think the jab caused my son's Autism.

However, for me, there is insufficient evidence about how children that are Autistic are affected by these jabs. So he will not be having the boosters.

Im sorry to say that i have to agree with whats been wrote so far. I never believed that the MMR caused my sons aspergers, as he had Traits before the first jab. BUT before his booster 6 weeks ago, school told me they thought he was doing well, and interacting more, even having the attention to sit and pick up a book, he was comming out of his world to study like the other children (albeit slowly). Then as you might remember we took kieran along for his pre-school booster and the doctor gave him the MMR by mistake, and since then my world has been crashing by my ears, i didnt want to say anything to anyone (anywhere) for fear that it was in my imagination (as usual) but the school have now said he has 'gone back' in that he has no attention, in very much in his world, and seems vauge 'all the time' certainly at home he is much worse and flaps all the time his obsession is so intense he is talking about it whilst asleep. He has had a constant cold for 2 weeks, now has a hacking cough and earache, not to mention the fact he is poo'ing 6+ times a day (used to be about 3) COINCEDENCE????????? I think not. :angry:

Pingu. I'm really sorry to hear this. I had the same experience with my AS son (12), even the poo'ing was so bad he was referred to a paediatrician. As a result I never took Luke (the youngest) for his booster. I am of the school of thought that there is far too much anecdotal evidence to ignore the connection. I can certainly link regression with both of my boys and the MMR. I'm convinced that one day it's all going to come out. Even if MMR is proved not to CAUSE autism, I think there is enough anecdotal evidence to connect it to regression.

Lauren

we took kieran along for his pre-school booster and the doctor gave him the MMR by mistake, and since then my world has been crashing by my ears,

Pingu- that is just terrible. I only hope for you that his body is able to get a handle on it again!!! What a nightmare!!! I was just about to started reasearch on pre-school boosters as my son is 3 yrs and 4 months and I have heard other people saying this about the booster too.

A friend put me in touch with a homeopath and she has given me a homeopathic remedy to treat the MMR symptoms. She said it deals with the measles virus in the stomach and gut... We only started it a week ago so I will see if makes a difference. I am not yet sure what I think of homeopathy!!! I guess that is a different issue.

Anyway - much love to you and your son Pingu!!!

Pingu sorry to hear that :(

This thread is making me think a lot more about this topic

Smurf - i have read reports before of how many autistic children don't contain the right antibodies after vaccination to recognise the illness and be immune to it. Wasn't it Donna Williams who caught various disease many times ?

Pingu - I am so sorry to hear about this. Even if you don't believe in it take your child to a professional homeopath and ask them to antidote the MMR. The quicker you do this the better. The only thing that could come out of this is good, no harm can be done using homeopathy. Thinking of you. >:D<<'>

Pingu sending you both big hugs >:D<<'>

I am so convinced now that the booster is a bad idea that i have completely refused to let Julian have it.

Hoping for some results with the homeopothy.

Supersec

xx