Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

'MMR fears coming true'

I refused my son's MMR booster at 4 and my other son who is 14 months is going nowhere near any kind of vaccine.

The Health people keep phoning me and hassling me to get my toddler done, when I tell them my eldest is ASD they go into some "well it's been proved there is no link between the MMR and autism" thing like they are reading it off a card. They also go into the effects of mumps measles and rubella ... and I go into the effects I had when I had measles and mumps as a child (bit of a fever, 2 weeks off school etc, no real bother). They then tell me that measles can make you deaf and blind and that mumps could make my son infertile ... I ask for the statistics on that, and they can't give them. They also tell me that he needs to be immunised before he starts school etc etc. and I tell them that he isn't going to be!

Thalidomide was once a wonder drug ... and some Doctors were still denying it's affects and blaming other environmental factors for the problems it caused.

I don't know who to believe, I think sometimes you just have to believe in yourself and your gut feelings.

Whilst there is still a lot of speculation and scandal around MMR we are steering clear.

I refused my son's MMR booster at 4 and my other son who is 14 months is going nowhere near any kind of vaccine.

The Health people keep phoning me and hassling me to get my toddler done, when I tell them my eldest is ASD they go into some "well it's been proved there is no link between the MMR and autism" thing like they are reading it off a card.

You could try asking for the full ingredients list, including fillers, of what they want to inject, plus any explanatory leaflets that come with the vaccine, so that you can make an informed choice. My informed choice is that if I wouldn't let my child eat it, then they aint sticking it into his arm.

As far as vaccinations go, the health people gave up on me a long time ago. :lol::lol:

You could try asking for the full ingredients list, including fillers, of what they want to inject, plus any explanatory leaflets that come with the vaccine, so that you can make an informed choice. My informed choice is that if I wouldn't let my child eat it, then they aint sticking it into his arm.

Sue, hope you don't mind, but I am going to use that one! I'm definite - The Boy is not having the boosters.

I too had measles as a child & I'm still here!

If you have made the decision not to have your son vaccinated then get it written into his notes. All you need to say them is it is documented in his notes and you do not want to be harassed

Jen

After my daughter's autistic enephalitus from the mmr booster, I have never been hassled about my son having any of his vaccinations so far.he is totally non vaccinated.he will be four in a couple of weeks.It will be interesting to see if there is any letter phone call etc to invite us to come for his pre school mmr booster.Invitation declined thanks!!!

Pingu

I have nust caught up with this thread my heart goes out to you.i have been there and got the t-shirt fortunately my daughter made a full recovery.I hope your son improves soon >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Take care

My son went into a coma three days after his mmr booster, he was vomiting and delirious no one knew what was wrong, I have no idea whether it was linked or not, but can't help feeling it might be.

when he was 8 they did them again in his primary school because they said at the time the jab that group of children had had before school was faulty, I was the only parent who refused to have J done but at the time this was before the Andrew Wakefield stuff about 9 years ago but I was just suspicious. I got loads of threatening letters saying my son would get measles, there was going to be an epidemic, and he might die go blind etc etc. I knew it was scare mongering and there never was the epidemic they said was coming, and the strangest thing of all one of the children actually went down with measles after the jab, they said she just reacted in a weird way and it actually gave her measles.

i know if I had my time again I definitely would not have the jabs done and where I live they strike you off gp register if you don't have it done it is like no one is allowed to make the choice they feel is best for their child and people feel forced to have it, and the the gp surgery gets more money if you have it.

thats disgusting on last post -saying strike u off gps

i told my hv point blank that my 4 year old would not be having another injection -he had first one and that my 3 year old isnt going have any-its also on there notes and ive not been hasseled since-i think i scared them because when my 4year old first was at cdc ect....i kept mentioning about the mmr and they kept trying to play it down=think they didnt want me making a fuss.so now i get no hassel to have them have it-and if i did id certainly have my say back about it all. :rolleyes: