JsMum

Hello to All

Hi everyone I am a mum to a lively boy named J and he is nearly nine years old,

J is already diagnosed with ADHD with acompaning conditions,

J is not diagnosed with ASD however I have very strong feelings J shows a lot of the traits in ASD

Today we had an appointment with his GP today and discussed the possiblities that J may have ASD as he has many problems with interaction and commication also he withdraws but has ADHD so kind of a mixed kind of boy, but a joy and I love him to bits as he is so inquisitive and curious and toutches everything as his desire to want to know how things move or turn is great enthusiam that sadly gets him in a lot of trouble so I try to use his talent with activities and loads of oportunities to do it where he doesnt get into trouble.

J is struggling at school within lessons and breaks when interacting and at Dinner with the Hall as he gets anxious with the sounds and lights and he says there is too many people and waves his arms out to give himself some extra space.

J worse side is his temper tantrums and aggression and he is very violent towards me so it is very stressful but I have learnt some new adapted ways to help support him and me, last resort is restraint but we try lots of other things first.

Js Aggression comes from his frustrations and lot a down to his speech and commincation he can talk but he gets side tracked and he looses thred and he takes his time, his speech is very difficult to pick out what he has said but he has improved but it is still having an effect on his confidence.

I want to join here to see if I can get a better idea what ASD is and talk to others who have experience.

I hope you dont mind me joining with no formal diagnosis of ASD but I know from looking at other posts that a lot are diagnosed ADHD first and then later on find its more than that and think that fits J very much.

Hope to make some friends on here and looking forward to joining in the post.

Js Mum

:dance:

You're very welcome on the forum!

My son has ADHD as well as AS, and in fact was first of all diagnosed with Dyspraxia (which he has too).

Bid :)

Hi Jsmum >:D<<'> Welcome to you.

I have just started down the diagnosis road, got an appt with paed. you dont need a diagnosis to join the forum.

Hi everyone I am a mum to a lively boy named J and he is nearly nine years old,

J is already diagnosed with ADHD with acompaning conditions,

J is not diagnosed with ASD however I have very strong feelings J shows a lot of the traits in ASD

Today we had an appointment with his GP today and discussed the possiblities that J may have ASD as he has many problems with interaction and commication also he withdraws but has ADHD so kind of a mixed kind of boy, but a joy and I love him to bits as he is so inquisitive and curious and toutches everything as his desire to want to know how things move or turn is great enthusiam that sadly gets him in a lot of trouble so I try to use his talent with activities and loads of oportunities to do it where he doesnt get into trouble.

J is struggling at school within lessons and breaks when interacting and at Dinner with the Hall as he gets anxious with the sounds and lights and he says there is too many people and waves his arms out to give himself some extra space.

J worse side is his temper tantrums and aggression and he is very violent towards me so it is very stressful but I have learnt some new adapted ways to help support him and me, last resort is restraint but we try lots of other things first.

Js Aggression comes from his frustrations and lot a down to his speech and commincation he can talk but he gets side tracked and he looses thred and he takes his time, his speech is very difficult to pick out what he has said but he has improved but it is still having an effect on his confidence.

I want to join here to see if I can get a better idea what ASD is and talk to others who have experience.

I hope you dont mind me joining with no formal diagnosis of ASD but I know from looking at other posts that a lot are diagnosed ADHD first and then later on find its more than that and think that fits J very much.

Hope to make some friends on here and looking forward to joining in the post.

Js Mum

:dance:

Hi, and welcome home. You've found a family who will care for you.

My sister has a son with ADHD and when he was diagnosed the phsyc said in the stone age times it was people with ADHD that discovered things. They tested out new foods and were the first to discover what fire could do. Without them we would not be where we are today.

She found that helped her to make sense of things

Hello Jsmum

welcome to the forum, I hope you find it as helpful as i have. this is the only place i can really talk :gather: And socolise :cheers: Welcome once again. You son sounds like a lovely boy by the way, if its any consolation, the temper tantrums ar part and parcel of frustration, we know how you feel :star: .

Take care

shaz

Hi Jsmum welcome >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

You will find a lot to read here and lot of support all what you discribe is very similar to the way my son DX with ASD is, except that he is not DX with ADHD but I think he really has ADD.

I hope you will find on the forum all the advice and support that you need. >:D<<'> :)

Take care.

Malika.

hello,welcome to the forum,look foward to chatting with you more,my steve is 12 with adhd/aspergers,you will find lots of useful info on this site,not from me though,i just ramble on and on!! :lol:

Hi J's mum

>:D<<'> a big welcome,

I am new on here tp, only joined a few days ago and have been made to feel very welcome. :thumbs:

With this forum you get to realise you are not alone and it is nice to have people you can talk to and understand what you're going thru!

tmf