• Husband / Wife of an ASD spouse
    • Grandparent of ASD person
    • Brother/Sister to an ASD person
    • Friend of the family
    • ... Other family member
    • Carer
    • Health/Education Professional
    • Other

I am a mum of three - eldest daughter has Aspergers. Hubby shows some traits of ASD but is not diagnosed. Nobody else in family - both close and distant- are on the spectrum, but my husband's half brother (they share the same dad) has ADHD.

Emma

Son has AS, his dad has AS and when young had ADHD, mother on his dads side AS, sister on dads side AS, niece on dads side AS + ADHD , 3 uncles on fathers side AS, plus their mother (great granny) has AS. I'm left in no doubt where my DS gets his. He started showing signs around 5 days old. My in-laws told me he was fine all their kids where difficult children :lol: .

I spent the 1st 4 years like this :crying::crying::crying::crying: and was very relieved when he was diagnosed i wasn't going mad after all.

I saw someone else was looking at this so thought would fill in the poll anyway. I put other. I have 1 aunt, 1 uncle, 6 cousins, 4 second cousins, 2 good friends and possibly me on the spectrum. :lol: Oh yeah and OCD gf.

I have a 15 year old son ADHD & a 9year old son ADHD & a 13 year old waiting assessment for adhd and un diagnosed sod of a 17 year old who is dys lexic.

Edited by cathyz

I have a 15 year old son ADHD & a 9year old son ADHD & a 13 year old waiting assessment for adhd and un diagnosed sod of a 17 year old who is dys lexic.

How do you do it, I cant imagine it for 5 seconds, actually Im exhausted thinking about it, are they all boys,

my son is ADHD/ODD????, then Dyslexic and assessed as ASD. but not got all the ticks for a complete diagnosis for Autism but has Autistic Features, traits ect......

looking throw my family my mother,brother, my uncle, and Js father all have many traits of ASD and have diagnosis in other diagnositics.

In ore, cathyz. can I have some tips for the teenage years please....are you organised ect.....

JsMum.

My lad is the one with aspergers, ocd, etc tho my dp reckons ive got it too but ive never been diagnosed.

I am a student at uni with Aspergers, see my signature :)

I have voted 'Parent of ASD person' ages ago but in the meantime got a dx myself. :rolleyes:

Edited by Shnoing

I have voted 'Parent of ASD person' ages ago but in the meantime got a dx myself. :rolleyes:

I am a family support worker at a residential school for children with autism.

Claire

I voted ASD person (AS in my case); many family were eccentrics, two in particular, plus one with dyslexia, and one had same handwriting problems as me and admits to recognising some of the usual AS traits in after researching it when I was dx. Whether these family members are ASD or just oddball NTs, who knows, but let's say it could explain a lot.

Oh and the cats of course, that goes without saying :P

i also fit "daughter to ASD person" and "professional working in field of autism" ok im volunteering at NAS social groups but could become NAS material if i play my cards right.

i ticked ASD person. i would have preferred to tick autistic/asperger but i hear there are types who don't like being called autistic for some reason.

I ticked ASD person, but I also work in a school where I do 1:1 with autistic children at lunch times (have done these one-to-ones with four autistic children over the past year and one little girl with Down's for different periods of time, depending on the situation).

I am ASD,

partner to someone with ASD,

sibling to someone with ASD,

parent of someone with ASD,

offspring of someone with ASD,

and an education professional!

Is there any hope?!

I have ADHD (dx'd age 3)

My husband is almost deff aspie

my mother in law is almost deff aspie

my sister in law is also probably aspie

my nephew is aspie (dx'd 2 years ago)

my stepson is aspie (dx'd 7 years ago)

my son is dual presenting ADHD and aspie (dx'd six months)

my daughter is deff on the ASD scale but is apparently too little to pick one yet! lol

ours is a exciting household at times!

voted parent of someone with asd, although not formerly diagnosed, health prof, GP , us and school all agree.

Have huge amount of asd traits myself, so does my father, and nephew was diagnosed asd last year.

adult with Aspergers, aunt to nephew with autism - girlfriend of idiot boyfriend who may possibly be aspie too(is obssessed with basketball because finals are on and is currently ignoring me yes i know you can see me typing this over my shoulder adam)