Sign in to follow this  
007paul007

Autism Help Group

Thanks to all the members that have joined the group that was set up on Ebay a few months ago, we have around 270 members, a regular saturday night chat which is very popular. We have members from all walks of life, people who are carers, parents, even people that have been diagnnosed with dfferent levels autism, aspergers, Epilepsy, IBS, We have members that are teachers and other professional jobs. We continue to grow and are always welcoming new members, I think we are finally established in Ebay, we all offer advice based on our own individual experiences, sometimes we are just there to listen or should I say read and respond, some mebers have made contact and have become good friends.

If you are interested then please pop along and say hello, its fun, it's free, it's friendly and its a nother palce to go to where people have one thing in common.

Here is the link

Look forward to seeing you there !

http://groups.ebay.co.uk/forum.jspa?forumID=100010794

Hi 007paul007

Just sent a request to join!! Many thanks, the more people to talk to the better.

tmf

No Problems i hope if you like it you will tell others about and even if you don't like you can still tell others or even more tell us so we can see what we can do to change it , welcome aboard !

Have just joined also. Look forward to seeing you all there - although with so many members I may not be able to get a word in edgeways LOL

I am a member but haven't popped in for a while....... :shame: The chat hour seems interesting though, i will be back!!! :lol:

Yes sorry to the people that have clicked the link, the group has been going in a different less friendly way recently and I have decided to close the group until the matter can be sorted, it seems my effort to start afresh with the group have become hampered and at this moment in time the hurt is really bad , the group will close down saturday, unless my opinion changes by then, I am not sure it is just worth the hassle of the last few days which have left me hurt, angry, upset and confused. The amount of time I put into that group was too much to even contemplate.

I will update you if anything changes.

Whats been going on Paul? Don't beat yourself up you've done a great job in trying to bring together parents of kids on the spectrum. We are not all bound to agree all of the time and sometimes it gives things a bit of spice, but i'm sorry you feel so hurt. I don't know why or what has happened.

Give yourself a few days breathing space you've been so proud of your group so don't give up just yet. We parents need the help and support that forums like this and yours provide.........

Hope things work out!

Take care,

Kirstie. :(

Thanks Kirstie the stress it has caused has me has effected me big time and it has been passed onto the family, it adds more worry cause I think my son can pick up on my stress, even though I am trying to hide it, the wife tried to get me to the GPs today, but i said no, I think she is just being worried , usually it can be water off a ducks back to me, but I am just gonna take 5 and see what is happening.

It is with sadness that i have to announce the following

That the group has now closed.

I have already started a new group called

Autism,Aspergers, ADHD & Related Disorders

At the moment i will not be involved much but if any one wants to join you will be welcome !

I would like to say a big thankyou for all the members of the other group that i forged great friendships with and the help they gave me through difficult times and I hope we can carry on doing that in the new group.

Paul

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having, Paul. Good luck with the new group though, and you're always welcome here, as I'm sure you know!

K

Paul,do ebay groups give enough administration to control these incidents?

If that was the problem,try Invision Free as an alternative message board system-it has got a great indepth Admin Control Panel,it's using the same software as ASD-Forum is,albeit IF is a free hosted version the only ads used are those simple embedded google ones.

Very easy to control trouble with,and also easy to set up.

The new group is going well but I am standing down as leader as I think it was done too quickly and because of family reasons and health reasons i am cutting back on things .