Tylers-mum

OK, so who's snowed under then???

Meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! :crying:

Thankfully we went shopping yesterday so got suppplies in. Pheww!!

All school's here are closed so just as well T wasn't going in anyway as he was vomitting during the night. We have about 4-5" of snow on the ground which NEVER happens to us in this part of Wales. Mostly the valley's and the mountains are worst hit and we escape! :oops: The last time we had this much snow, I was a child and it's still coming down!! :unsure:

Anyone else snowed under this morning??

UPDATE, there have been 2 serious crashes in this area so far. One involving an overturned bus just 5mins up the road.

Took these pics about an hour ago from my window. LOL

snowtree.jpg

trees1.jpg

mountain.jpg

Edited by Tylers-mum

We havent got any yet but they keep threatening us with it,ds said he saw scarborough on the news this morning and it was bad there.Its the 1st of march for heavens sake. lol

Yep, 1st of March and St. David's Day for us welshy's and all the kids were dressed up in Welsh costumes this morning bless em...and then you seen them all coming back home again, it was sad! :(

Edited by Tylers-mum

No Snow Yet for us yorkies.

:(

We are in a 'bowl' so we dont get much, but the local weather man (paul hudson :wub: ) said that we might get some on friday or saturday... :whistle: i wont hold my breath

shaz

:ph34r:

We're snowed in again :crying: The price I pay for choosing to live on a remote farm so the kids can roam without the risk of playing near cars I suppose. Their school is closed along with over 100 other ones in our area so I've now got 3 very hyper kids plugged into various games consoles all over the house. Not the best way to be but after having dealt with 3 arguments and a punchup before 7am it's the easiest way for my sanity. And to top it off DH has just rang (he's away in his lorry as usual) to ask if theres any chance of me relaying phone calls to drivers and letting his boss use our internet connection as they can't get anywhere near the office as it's up a long windy road that is completely blocked off :blink:

If anyone needs me I will be in the middle of a field building an igloo to hide in :ph34r:

We've had quite a fall of snow - although right now this minute the sky is blue and the sun is shining - although the school is closed today (so my daughter is well pleased) and some of the people I work with haven't managed to get in yet.

It looks ever so pretty.

It snowed here yesterday but it didn't lie. It's dry and sunny out but really really really really cold..brrrrrrrr.!

It's just starting up again now. Lovely big clean crisp white flakes - I love the look of snowflakes but not being out in it!!! - although you can guarantee when I get home tonight I'll have the cold job of making the snowman!!!

Edited by jb1964

Fiorelli,

I live about 16miles from Newport - and some of the people I work with have come from there this morning - I think it was quite bad earlier on but clearing off and on - and of course the gritters and ploughs have been out non stop.

No snow here much to my son's disgust we all love snow but I dont like driving in the snow its scary with the black ice...

I don't much like it when all the kids in the neighbourhood have snow ball fights because they broke my car window 2yrs ago and no one owned up and we ended up paying for it.... So now I am very wary but love the snow its gorgeous. Should snow tomorrow!!!

Wow board, did'nt realise you were in Wales too!! Wonder how many there are of us Welshy's here!

Happy St. David's Day BTW, also to fiorelli and jb1964.

Feels cold enough for snow up here in the north east but I haven' t seen any of the white stuff yet. Thankfully.

Tilly

We're in London so no sign of snow here :crying:, just freezing cold. We'd love to be snowed in (never having experienced it before!) and for all the schools to close. Staying at home, nice big roaring fire, sounds like fun to me!!

Lisa

Bloomin south east Londons almost tropical compared to the wicked weather some of you lucky lot are enjoying :P

I WISH it would snow. I love IT :wub:

My kids have grown to dread it, cos I wake them up v. early (sometimes) and make them put their wellies on and coats over pjs so we can go out and PLAY in the snow! :D

Daughter is 19 now and has threatened to leave home if I do it to her this year tho. Son is only 8 so he doesn't mind so much!

redberry

NEWS FLASH

ITS SNOWWING IN BOURNMOUTH

THIS IS AGAIN ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF GLOBAL WARMING AND HOW IT IS AFFECTING THE CLIMATE

My lad was all dressed up for St David's day and then nowhere to go.... I had a very long winded letter from the head of his school about 'Health & Safety' concerns and that was BEFORE any snow arrived, this morning we had a few flurries, no school ! 9.30 am there was little or NO snow to be seen at all here, there was no justification for a day off, are today's school panicking over everything and making things difficult ? are they all soft ? and making our kids the same ? I HAD to go to school with snow almost up to my waist, I lived half way up a mountain, and there was NO excuse for being late either, or the school bobby would be there to haul you in. what next ? headteachers watching GMTV and the wittering witless there to see if it:

Rains (A day off a child may get wet)

Snows (a day off they child may get wet and put a snowball threw someone's window)

Sunshine (A child may get sunstroke)

Showers (Another day off, you never know).

Aeroplanes flying overhead (They may crash on the school).

The Health and Safety aspect in action......... !

We've had kids outside all day thoroughly enjoying themselves in the ROAD, so much safer there then.

sunny in bedfordshire, we did have a snow flurry for about half an hour yesterday but if you had been asleep for that half an hour you wouldnt have known anything about it :lol::lol:

jayne xx

No snow in London that has stuck. Interested in Wales as my parents live near Newport where it had snowed yesterday andthry were looking forward to snow tonight. Children go to school in Kent and we had flurries which didnt stick.

Edited by madme

North Wales snow has been mad - sure we get it on the mountains all the time, and maybe once a year get it by the sea. Snow closed the schools yesterday, they all went in today and were sent home lunchtime, by 1700 it was bright sunshine and no snow. The Police are still saying "No unessential travel"

Maybe it is global warming, if so, I'm celebrating - in 30 yrs my house will be on the beach - by then I'll have achieved my dream and not care any more! :lol:

I was also surprised there were so many Welsh here. :groupwave:

Cheers

R