Tilly

They All Taste The Same - NOT

I've just come across this smilie :pepsi:

My dd2 loves Pepsi Max it has to be Max not diet or anything else.

I'm not too surprised by children noticing the difference when tasting different brands of pop or food but dd just has to sniff the glass and know it is not the right cola. :o We have even put other cola in the max bottle and she has poured it out herself but she knows without even having a sip :angry:

Does anyone elses child do anything like .

Cheers

Tilly

Both of mine will only drink Coke and they can spot any other brand from a million miles away. Have proved this in a restaurant who insisted that they would not know that they were being given pepsi. Pepsi was delivered to the table as Coke and after one sip they were both up in arms :lol: Which left Mum saying 'I told you so!' :lol:

Carole

Tilly, yes!!! Far too many to mention really. Suffice to say he can not be fooled! Food is an issue, and I could never trick him in to having anything that he has decided he doesn't want. He knows what brands he likes, and god help me if I dare to get different ones. It's the same with everything he eats. Even the temperature of his food has to be just right.

Lauren

Passed the Pepsi challenge every time :lol: Some brands are a different colour aswell. Drinking a lot less of it now as trying to reduce my caffeine intake but can still tell the difference.

My daughter would definitely agree with this.

Very often she's had the same product day in day out that she loves - and I can serve it up and she'll say it tastes different and that she doesn't like it - when I get the packet/tin back out of the bin - yep 'new improved' stamped on it. Why do they have to keep improving things!!!

My daughter can tell if its Coke out of a bottle or a can. We went through phases of only liking it out of a bottle and then only out of a can. Thankfully she has gone right off the stuff now and only drinks fresh orange juice but it has to the the freshly squeezed stuff, no concentrates, and it has to be from Sainsburys. Don't you just love'em.

My daughter can tell if its Coke out of a bottle or a can. We went through phases of only liking it out of a bottle and then only out of a can. Thankfully she has gone right off the stuff now and only drinks fresh orange juice but it has to the the freshly squeezed stuff, no concentrates, and it has to be from Sainsburys. Don't you just love'em.

Don't know about Coke - but my other half says he can definitely tell the difference between Strongbow out of a can or out of a bottle!!

:D

yep totally identify with this I'm NT but really weird with smells and textures I can even tell when supermarkets change their carrier bags by the smell and feel of them. :blink::blink::lol::lol: Dh thinks I'm bonkers :lol:

Elaine

yep, with you on this one also too many to mention but do any of you have the same problem i do. I do not shop at the same supermarket all the time depends where i am at the time, for example over the road to us is a big supermaket that i will say by his squash from and he likes the name brand from there but if i buy the same flavour from another supermarket it does not taste the same to him so it ends up being a nightmare for us having to make a trip especially to one supermarket just for juice!! Hope i make sense

Know exactly what you mean, new improved usually is a problem, inc washing powders as it smells and feels different. My sons 'gone off' a few products which have been 'improved'. I also have to buy some specific brands etc. Tropicana costs me a fortune. Same bread, cheese spread, jaffa cakes, list is endless.

Edited by lil_me

Yup, my son could tell the difference between supermarket brands of tinned ravioli (horrible stuff). He also notices the 'wrong' pasta or pasta sauce and won't eat it.

I can tell if anything has aspartame in it - even in crisps. Diet colas are just a totally different drink to the full-sugar stuff.

Fruit Shoots with my son he likes the apple and blackcurrant ones i once made the mistake of buying the ones with the green top,one with sugar and he said 'no mam wrong'. So I changed the top over to a blue one and he still knew it was the wrong one.