Zemanski

excluded again

I can't believe it costs ?26,000 a term for an AS specific residential school. My residential school for EBD cost my LEA about ?14,000 a year and that was in the early 1990s. It's a shame really that LEAs were so willing to send SEN kids to unsuitable schools back then and even recommended them to parents, but they won't pay a penny nowadays for SEN schools even if it is clearly evident that the school is perfect.

Hi folks,

thanks for all the support >:D<<'>

Com survived school today and we still don't know whether he's excluded tomorrow or not - still no letter, and no phone call either, apparently they are going to investigate further according to the DH this morning but no response to my letter yet.

The advisor did her observation and apparently he had a great lesson and the LSA worked really well with him (we know this, his main LSA is good, it's the other staff who get it wrong).

She still thinks we can get him through the next 5 weeks till Easter and then he will go into the unit (in a 'Com shaped space') but I've said I think he has had enough now and I don't think he'll make it.

We shall see what tomorrow brings

Zemanski

an update

had a meeting with the DH

Com's offence was pretty minor - he had poked his LSA in the back with something, there had been no argument, no meltdown, he wasn't even being a bit difficult - just wanted to finish a conversation he was in the middle of. The LSA hadn't written it down because it didn't seem very important at the time, so unimportant that she didn't mention it to me when she saw me later in the day. Important enough for her to have written out the discipline slip that led to him being excluded though :o

talk about making a mountain out of a molehill!

I can understand it when they use major punishments for deliberate aggression and violence but Com is under huge stress returning to school after the last exclusion and one of the things he does when stressed is 'poke' - not usually with something but it's a real pain, he doesn't have the word 'gentle' in his vocabulary, it's definitely not aggressive though

Anyway the DH admitted mistakes were made and that communication was a major factor yet again and Com does not have an exclusion after all :dance::dance::dance:

Zemanski

Edited by Zemanski

Delighted that's sorted :D What a relief for you

But what an awful lot to put you all through - on your birthday as well.

Seems mighty strange she even put the report in doesn't it and also makes you wonder how many other times the exclusions have been "necessary" (so to speak)

Common sense wins the day. Why the hell did they have to put you and nemo through that though? The incident should have been investigated properly in the first place.

apparently this was the second time he'd done it but she hadn't told us then and when he did it again, instead asking us to help sort it out, she just filled in the slip - stupid woman :wallbash:

I think she's been soundly spoken to from what the DH said :devil:

Zemanski

Edited by Zemanski

Hi Zemanski,

Glad to hear it's all been resolved - but what needless stress to put you through. :wacko:

K

If you were living in the states imagine the law suit you could file for stress, worry, :devil: .............so glad it all worked out o.k. :thumbs: