Sign in to follow this  
polkadotty

I've been on the rampage

:wallbash: here i am again

Can you believe that i got a phone call this afternoon from the SENCO of a school i've never heard of, in a completely different authority to ours, asking me for more information about my application for my son that I have made to their school. Talk about gobsmacked - the LEA have gone and applied to a school and sent all of C's personal and educational documentation to this school without parental consent, without asking us if that's what we wanted, despite me having explained to them at least 3 times in the last 3 months that C cannot travel for an hour each way to school and back, and that we do not think that that is an appropriate placement.

So i took my brood and went to the Council offices this afternoon and went up in the fancy lift and let the howling throng (my kids) charge up and down while i demanded to see someone in SEN dept.

:crying: Noone there to talk to me, just a minion, poor thing, who took my rant very sympathetically, but..... I don't want sympathy I want information!!!!!!!! Despite my ranting, really I'm no further forward. Damn and blast it.

How many times do I have to ask for a reply to a letter, and to speak to someone who can tell me something??? I am banging my head on a brick wall at every turn. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Oh powers that be, someone listen and DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!

poor you what a nightmare. Stupid people never listen to us parents - who knows our kids best??!?!?!?!?

them by all accounts it would seem.

cannot offer any real words of wisdom but sending you lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Supersec

Tell them youre going to get onto the local newspaper about it all.Splash it all across the papers that type of thing.And mean it.

I used to find the threat of exposure did the trick.I always used to threaten with youll find yer sens all over the tabloides "Disabled child heartache " type of thing.

>:D<<'>

Good luck keep banging on doors.