Sign in to follow this  
Emma21

does the government support parents with SEN children?

Hi guys,

I am currently in the middle of writing up the completed questionnaires that you all filled in and I have just had a bit of a brainwave. Would you be able to comment on the following quote???

The gov believes that ....."Parents must be empowered to work with the school and local services to ensure that their child's needs are properly identified and met from the word go."

"The prospects of this are greatly improved where there is good practice such as:

responding promptly to parents' questions, in face-to-face meetings wherever possible;

actively seeking, and responding to, feedback from parents; and

ensuring that, where necessary, parents are encouraged to make direct contact with the LEA officers dealing with their child's case. "

DO YOU AGREE THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS SUPPORTING PARENTS WITH SEN CHILDREN????

If you would like to make any comments then I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Emma

i think it depends what area you are in,but certainly think the gov havent put all measures to support inclusion in place properly for both parent,child and teacher as well as the average mainstream child.

it should be compulsary for all senco to be qualified in this feild that is for sure and all training to be updated every two years.