Sign in to follow this  
pookie170

Getting 'em tested....

Right, I am SOOOOO confused, what with gf/cf diets, enzymes, etc....

My ex met another Caghal while at the park with OUR Caghal and wee Elijah......this is a first in itself! Frank had to sort out a scuffle involving our eldest....discussion ended with Caghal bellowing-'I HATE having autism!!!!'

and stomping off. Frank sat down beside the adult Caghal...he said,

'Is your son called Caghal?'

'Yes' said Frank.

'Is he autistic?'

'Yes' said Frank.

'So is my son, Dominic.' said big Caghal.

'Oh!' said Frank. (Spooky thing is, that was originally going to be Caghal's name!!And it's one of Elijah's middle names too!!) :blink:

They got into a discussion, and the adult C started telling Frank about enzymes, diets, probiotics. All the while, his more profoundly autistic son sat playing happily. Apparently wee Dominic had , prior to diet changes and enzyme therapy, and the use of ABA, been like a concentrated version of our lad. He hurt other kids, screamed his head off in crowds, and was very much in is own wee world. Frank said he was obviously still autistic but big Caghal said many of the more negative behaviours had either lessened greatly or ceased altogether.

So, does anyone know WHO I should approach to discuss this? Is there a site that'll give me more info. on all this stuff?

And who would I contact to have Caghal tested for the diet? I'm fairly sure he has a dairy intolerance....loose bowel motions (and often!) eczema, griping stomach pains of late......

Help! :P

Esther x

Nellie, you're amazing, thank you so much. As Baddad says, there's not much point in changing diet if it'll be totally ineffective......I have to know there's a problem before I upset the applecart!!

Thanks, doll!

Esther x