fiorelli

Made you look, Made you Stare, Made you lose your underwear!

Hubby was sitting in the car, and started playing the above 'joke' on the 3 boys while I was in the shop. (ooh look, there's Nanny! - Made you look, made you stare, made you lose your underwear!)

I now have Louis going around saying "Made you look, Made you lose your underwear! heheheheh" or "Fooled You!" after everything he has just said or done (literally!)

ARGH!

His inability to read faces is becoming more apparent now as well. (e.g. I'll be looking at him in a confused/puzzled/What are you on about? look, and he'll really not notice, so I have to say the words I am thinking to match my facial expression. Or if I have a really angry face, he doesn't realise, and just laughs!)

Does anyone else find that as their children are getting older, some things are becoming more obvious?

yes, in a word.

The small one is only 3 but as he is growing, the gap between other NT's and he is greater. And the behav's he is showing are much more 'typical' asd

Yes, K does the same with some facical expressions. I asked him one day what am i doing (pulling a suprised face, mouth in a kinda O shape). Singing mom!!

We find when we play games like hiding go seek, he thinks that if he cant see us we cant see him - he hides in the cupboard with only his top half covered and forgets about his legs - he reminds me of an ostrich... Bless him and my nt dd goes along with it playing about the house - its so sweet to see but a very "immature" way to play the game IUKWIM.

justamom

My 10 yr old thinks when Im concentrating hes in trouble- he ll often say what have I done!!?

I find that the differences in his maturity seem to stand out more with his peer group as he gets older, eg we ve only just told hjim tooth fairy doesnt exist-he s 11 in Sept

Lisa

PS we have onlybeen told he has traits of asd/aspergers

When playing hide and seek my AS daughter runs to hide, but if we say "come out, come out where ever you are!" or something similar she says "I'm over here!", she's nearly 9 but just doesn't get it.

Lisa