Sign in to follow this  
Canopus

Boring countries

i don't know about boring but i think outer mongolia sounds quite exciting ( just the name, as i've never been abroard!)

begs the question: is there an inner mongolia??? (if not, why???) :lol:

(had to correct spelling!)

Edited by kinky j

Outer Mongolia is supposed to be an interesting place if you understand the country and its history. Inner Mongolia is some state of China. Manchuria used to be a separate country and was ruled over by Russia and Japan before being incorporated into China.

What I mean by a boring country is one that has hardly anything worth looking at for tourists, and doesn't have a particularly interesting history.

Well how about then the most boreing activity you can do.

Againe one mans poison.

I once had to go to the national railway museum.That was a boreing place.Theres only so many times you can look at a traine carriage and pretend to show interest.

And once id to endure some naff walk where my husband kept picking up rocks and seing if they had fossils in them god i was looseing the will to live.

i can totally empathise with that paula, my other half's obsessed with motorbikes and i once spent the best part of a daylistening to him excitedly explain which bit he was taking off and why! :unsure::wacko::crying: by the end of it i'd have happily used the exhust to brain him with :fight::lol:

And once id to endure some naff walk where my husband kept picking up rocks and seing if they had fossils in them god i was looseing the will to live.

Only Once? You got off lightly!

My dad is a geologist, so walks like that were an everyday occurrence when I was growing up.

Cue the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch..... :P

Simon

A ploughing match did it for me :( .................do you know they actually measure how straight the furrows are.My ds was stood in his wellies, with his lovely green john deere overalls on hand in pockets glued to this spectacle for a whole afternoon.I retreated to the car for warmth and the radio :rolleyes: , it always amazes me how many people go to these things, .........all men :rolleyes: , all of differing ages, bit all wearing overalls and wellies :D .......................I guess it,s a man thing then.On the subjet of boring countries....................................I found orlando florida to be :unsure: ..........pretty :sick: ..........just my opinion, it,s certainly not boring but it did get on my wick after 2 weeks :rolleyes: .............queueing for everything,crowds, huge costs of getting in the park..........no won,t be doing that again for a while...........sorry for anyone looking forward to a hoiday in orlando........you,ll probably love it .............I was a right miserable :rolleyes: at the time.

Dunno about boring countries, but those holidays in domes would bore me. I like to be able to get out and about and visit lots of different places near to where I am on holiday and not be constrained to one small area, with just bike rides, walks and occasional swimming to pass the time. That's just what I think, never actually had a holiday in a dome!

We once had a holiday on an island (don't worry mods, won't say which one) and that was pretty dull. Not much to do, everything was expensive and samey. Was ready to come home by Weds but our ferry wasn't booked until Sat. Didn't help that the caravan was minging - so damp we had to hang our sheets out every morning to dry out :o

There's a lot to be said in favour of boring countries. The country I grew up in, Zimbabwe, is rather too "interesting" at the moment, and frequently makes the news for all the wrong reasons. :(

It's a beautiful place and I really hope that one day, if and when peace and prosperity is restored, you'll all go there and see Victoria Falls, THE natural wonder of the world. :)

K

I remember when I was 19 I was talking to someone who had moved to the small town close to where I lived a few years beforehand and decided to stay there permanently.

In my teenage bewilderment I said "Why do you choose to live here, nothing ever happens?". She looked me in the eye and said "When you are older, you will undertand that I live here BECAUSE nothing ever happens". I had no idea what she was talking about back then, but I know exactly what she means now.

Simon

Suze

You reminded me of one rotton event i was dragged along to once it was a steam engine rally.

God almighty.What a drag.All these boreing men sat around with checked coloured flasks in clothes that loooked liked theyd come from the last century with little small engines running on steam.Thery were realy realy into it. :blink::blink:

Me and my daughter werent.We were well P'd off but my As son and my at times boreing fart of a hubby thought it was "interesting".

Weird thing was all these men looked the same it was as though theyd been cloned.Im certaine theres a factory churning odd men with checked flasks and anoracks out fully equiped with lots of boreing info on all things enginearing.

I never want to spend a saturday afternoon at one of these events againe ever !!!!!!!!!!!!! else i wont be responsible for me actions.

People may die as my anger and frustration boils over.

Edited by Paula

ahh, paula, you really do have me in fits :lol::lol::lol: i always love reading your posts!!!

don't think it's a factory though......just the y chromasone(spelling???) at work!!!

:lol::lol:

Yea its just men hey boreing old farts most of them.

Have you ever analised the conversation that flows on an evening between youre hubby and yourself.

I did it goes.

Me "Whats on "

Him "Chuff knows"

Me "Cup of tea"

Him "eh what"

me " ###### to you if yer cant be arsed listening "

He breaks wind

Me " Yer stinking swine"

then we go to bed.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr married bliss.

Its great aint it and that was a good night.

Sometimes all i gets a grunt.I get all mixed up as to what end its comeing out of top or bottom its hard to tell.

Edited by Paula

:lol: ............Paula........... :lol: ............those steam engine rallys are called "SPIT BANGS".........by those in the know :rolleyes: ........spent many a lovely Sunday afternoon, surounded by thick black smoke watching these things..............worse thing I found though was the 2nd hand markets they have at these "do,s"..........my hubby and AS son spend hours sifting through junk looking for "stuff" usually old parts off motor bikes and tractors :lol: ................I think it,s about time Tony Attwood/ Sacha b Cohen/Lorna Wing..........made this warped weekend behaviour part of the diagnostic criteria............and the presence of more than one pair of over-alls and a tartan flask :P .Now whats the female equivalent of this behaviour I wonder..........excessive reading of "Heat "magazine :unsure: ................

or perhaps endless nattering and gossip??? :whistle: face to face, over the phone or even on-line makes no diference to me, guess i'm just addicted to talking!! :lol:

heheheh

perhaps the female equivalent is wandering round different cosmetic stands looking at what appears to the untrained eye as the same old colours in nail varnish and lipsticks ect.................... Picking up the bottles placing them down wandering of.

Or ive a thing about shoes.I love them high heals and high wedges i just pick them up smell the leather and place them back.Sometimes i try them on and move my foot around thinking ahhh theses are great.Then i leave the shop.

I also just phone my mum or my sister up to just say "what you up to then" and they almost always reply "nothing".

But i dont do any of this with the said checked flask in tow that is the must have item to qulaify as a "geek" and i use the word with the upmost of respect and no offence meant.

:lol: I think I fall into the catergory of magazine fiend.........whenever I,m at tesco I just have to pick up the latest copy of heat, grazia, now!, closer, hello, O.K.....................must spend ? and ? on them :lol: .Yes I too am guilty of meandering in a daze on aisle 12 looking at lipstick and sniffing shampoo...........

I like the smell of the cleaning product isle.I love pine disinfectant.Oh its lovely and that brasso stuff.

i'm with you on the make up :D and the shoe thing too, my personal favourite's boots can spend hours just looking even though i never have the cash to buy any!! (i'm the opposite with c's shoes and will happily pay ?25 and upwards on his foot wear even though most of mine cost less than ?15, and i think thats too much!!)

glad to know i'm not the only one who chooses products by smell, had thought i was weird but feel much better now!! :lol: