Sign in to follow this  
justamom

Stammering

Do any of your children stammer???

K does it on and off when he is stressed/ill and he has been having a really hard time today with getting a sentence out. We were advised not to finish his sentences for him which is hard not to do because he will be stuck on a word and you want to help him out!!!

I know its stress related but I just can't put my finger on whats causing it, i have been very low the past few days (its my sisters wedding today in South Africa - and i could not make it- it just cost too much money) do you think that he is picking up on my :crying: vibes...

justamom

Do any of your children stammer???

K does it on and off when he is stressed/ill and he has been having a really hard time today with getting a sentence out. We were advised not to finish his sentences for him which is hard not to do because he will be stuck on a word and you want to help him out!!!

I know its stress related but I just can't put my finger on whats causing it, i have been very low the past few days (its my sisters wedding today in South Africa - and i could not make it- it just cost too much money) do you think that he is picking up on my :crying: vibes...

justamom

Hi!

My son Barry doesn't stammer as such, but he will start saying a word and just stop in the middle of it, then take ages to complete the word. Its not just one type of word either and these are words he knows and uses regularly without any problem, Until he's upset/stressed/excited. Your son could be picking up on your vibes, or he may have something else on his mind, have you asked him if anything is bothering him or, as Barry would put it if something doesn't feel right?

He might just be excited about something (like the upcoming easter holidays for example?)

Hope this helps, keep your chin up! :)

Tim

:D hi my daughter who is 6 and has asd does stammer at times only slightly but others really bad its bad at christmas and if she is having a hard time at school last christmas it had got so bad she just couldnt speak i would say to her have your words got stuck and she would nod and give up then when she was on christmas holidays from school with in 4 days the stammering had gone and she was fine but i do see it at times when she is having a hard time coping at school it will come back really bad its terrible for her it comes and goes depending on her stress level jenny x

Hi, i must agree with you Jenny1969 its stress related because tonight he is fine, fighting with his sister and calling her all the names under the sun and no stammering!! Its homework time and world war 3 is about to erupt.

justamom

Yep, T stammers too but only when he's under preasure or when he has eye contact. He'll stand fidgetting and can't seem to get his words out. :(

Sorry you missed your sister's wedding. I'm sure she knows that you are with her in her heart. >:D<<'>

Thanks T Mums, it was really hard missing her wedding up she knew i was with her in spirit - got some photos of her on sunday she look beautiful and she had a wonderful time all went smoothly.

justamom