Sign in to follow this  
smiley

'Friendly bacteria' yoghurts..

Hi all,

We've recently been having the yoghurts with 'friendly bacteria' in them and it does seem to have made a difference to all of us..

A friend has a yoghurt making thingy (technical term... :blink: ) and makes her own.... Only thing is, she can't remember where she brought it from.

Any one use one of these? - i would like to, as buying the yoghurts is getting expensive!

Ta xx

I bought a yoghurt maker at xmas, but for the life of me haven't had much joy with it so far! I'll PM you the name of the shop that I bought it from, but it comes with a yoghurt powder that you are supposed to use as the basis of it, and I have been trying to make it without using that, but just with some live yoghurt as the base instead. I have a middle eastern cookery book that tells you how to make it using little more than a saucepan - if you want me to PM you with the details just let me know (it looks relatively easy).

Hi

Lakeland Limited sell yogurt makers and all the bits and bobs and a while back I saw them for sale in the chain of shops that sells nuts and seeds and dried fruits Julian Greaves or something like that.

Good luck

L

K

xx