Flora

Been summoned to the school

Lauren schools are really good at making you feel like you are over-reacting. We're not paranoid it's the others ;) I also think you have handled this very well and calmly so far.

:D Lauren the meeting sounds brill fingers-crossed you get every one there.Is it possible to brief your autism out reach worker prior to the meeting ...let him know the problems.I,d also document all of Williams behaviours and anxities that he displays at home when he has a bad day, they need to know the impact of not treating him in an ASD friendly manner.(you,ve probably done all this already so just ignore my waffle).Your not over-reacting >:D<<'>

They will have certainly read the letter I sent before the weekend and I'm really anxious about what sort of response I get. I've read it over and over again just to reassure myself that I've worded it in a way that will make them get of their backsides.

I've asked for a reply within 14 days of receipt and if they don't reply I'll be sending a formal letter template from the DRC.

The response to the letter I've sent is going to be a deciding factor in whether I take him out of school for the rest of this term or not. I'm sort of nervous and excited.

Lauren

Lauren,

I hope you get this sorted. :pray:

I have just read through this whole thread and you are

definitely NOT overreacting.

All the best.

Brook ;)

Thanks Brook :D

Just had a call from the HT. She said she took my letter home to read over the weekend. She just wanted to let me know she'd read it and agreed it must have been 'agonising' to watch. I said to her I was more concerned with how awful it had been for William. She is going to reply in writing, as I requested, and then we will have a meeting. She also said she'd had a long conversation with his class teacher. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this, resolve it, and ensure that nothing like this EVER happens again in this school to William or any other child.

Lauren

Well done Lauren :clap: . It sounds like you're really getting somewhere with this. It should never have happened in the first place.

Annie

xx

>:D<<'> sounds like a positive move by the head, I hope they can make Williams last few months at this school stress free :pray: .Take care Suzex

Well the HT handed a letter to me at home time. I read it and it is what I can only describe as evasive/none commital, and a bit of a cop out. More or less putting the ball over to William and saying he had the choice on whether to join in or not (not what he tells me!!). It makes lots of sympathetic noises about how they were all 'holding their breath' and wondering whether to intervene at the time or not. I'm not really sure how to take it. If anyone has the time/inclination, any of you knowledgable folk out there, I'll send a copy, I could really do with another perspective and some advice/opinions on how to respond.

Lauren

:( sorry hun that the letter was,nt that good, maybe phasmid could help?.............wish it would get better for you >:D<<'>

Thanks suze xx. I don't know, I feel like just letting it drop. I'm obviously going to get nowhere now that the school have written this 'woolly, getting themselves out of the firing line' type letter with fabricated postive points. I'm not really sure what I was hoping to achieve in the first place other than making sure it doesn't happen again. :( Another one passes and now we'll be waiting for the next one. same old same old!!

Lauren

Sorry, just bumping this up in the hope that someone (phasmid :) ) might be able to read the letter and advise further.

Thanks

Lauren

Sorry to be so demanding :oops:

It makes lots of sympathetic noises about how they were all 'holding their breath' and wondering whether to intervene at the time or not.

Oh, it must have been awful for them :rolleyes::rolleyes: I doubt they even noticed until

you pointed all this out to them.

Lauren,

Sometimes they word things in a way that makes you start to doubt your concerns,

and make you believe that they were just as aware as you were.

I'm sorry you didn't get the right response, but it's not suprising as we all know.

Maybe by you flagging all this up will be enough to make them sit up and take note,

but if it's going to eat away at you then you should respond.

I think they need to assure you that they can prepare for these situations and to

spot the signs of Williams distress.

>:D<<'> for you and William >:D<<'>

Brook