hollymg

losing the first tooth

ds has his first loose tooth and he is very excited, he has seen his classmates lose their first tooth and wants to join them.

But I still wonder how it will go for a kid who feels every little bump and scrape so intensely, and panics when he sees a spot of his own blood...not to mention that strange and lasting sensation of newly exposed gums. :P

any stories from those who have passed this milestone?

Can't really give you much advice here because i am the one with the tooth/teeth phobia, i hate the site of blood mixed with spit URGGGGG. I still have not been to the dentist, i posted about 3weeks ago about tooth ache and i have ignored it :pray: it does not start to play up again.

K did not really bother with his first teeth, he came home one day from school and he had a tooth missing - He had swallowed it....

Justamom

Got to say i'm also dreading this one. :crying:

So far M has no loose teeth. Very glad because M also feels every little scratch going so a tooth coming out will be major. Also because the other kids are losing theirs I have to count M's teeth twice a day.

Have no advice but definaltely know the dread you must be feeling :o

mum22boys

hello my daughter just lost a tooth last week she didt like the blood and she did cry alot but i told her to put the tooth under her pillow i than got a letter form the tooth fairy with a picture of the fairy and my little girls name on it you can get it free of the net i will have a look if i can find it and post it for you if you want it she went to school the next day happy showing eveyone all the best jill

Thanks for the link board, it's so sweet, I've put it into my bookmarks for future use. :thumbs: