Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

Best Bread?? Pear Juice?? Mangosteen??

My son is a bread eater (and that's about it), I usually go for the cheapest Supermarket thick sliced - white, because he won't try brown.

I am looking at his diet and making small changes here and there ... and I wondered what would be the best brand of bread for him, in terms of less additives, dodgy ingredients etc.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy a carton of pure pear juice from?? Tried all the supermarkets and H&B Health Store. You'd think it would be easy to find!

Also mangosteen juice (no idea either ...) where could I get that from?

Any advice?

Mangosteen is ?20 a bottle! My health food shop has it. I've never felt the urge to buy it. We stick to Cranberry (sour as heck but packed with anti-Os) or Mango or (a bit off the wall, us) water.

Wot, haven't you bought a breadmaker yet? What about getting A to make some? Actually I've only made one or two decent loaves in my life so ignore me on that one.

you need to look at the salt (sodium) content in the bread. I think some cheap bread have more salt but just check the ingrediants. You can get white bread that is made with brown flour and it looks white this is more healthy.

Jen

OMG of course, baby pear juice ... why didn't I think of that ... I've been everywhere ... oh I could kiss you, well done!

Mangosteen ?20 a bottle? what? That's more than a bottle of Jack Daniels!

As for the bread maker - still laughing ... !!!

Some good ideas on bread though, I will be more vigilant ... and go for the H brand as that looks quite promising.

Small steps .. but we'll get there!

Guest hallyscomet

They had what bread are best for kids

they say Bread that has "No Preservative" in bold on the label, especially Preservative 282, 282 is very bad and causes meltdowns.

Low GI bread is good read labels

H.

Edited by hallyscomet