Paula

You know you need to get a life when

:(

Todays thrilling highlight was moping the kitchen floor.

My son is on yet another bloomeing teacher training day tommorrow so god help me.

I already know whats tommorrows highlight is going to be im haveing a blood test.I cant take the anticipated excitement of what a new day will bring.

To make matters worse ive had me sister on the phone telling me all about a new holiday scheme shes bought into basically a time share.There of on holiday to greece in a months time then againe in febrary to spaine and then there booking for mexico for next year.Am i envious as i sit her with a pile of crapped up undies for company,and a chipped mug of tea.

No !!!!!!!! honestly im not.

I hate her bloomeing Guts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont realy least i dont think i do.

Edited by Paula

:P:P

my highlight today was buying a herring from tesco for my dinner[love em] :dance:

and i thought id treat my babes to narnia dvd as we can never manage going to pictures[last time i tryed was spiderman and it lasted 10 mins]

well put it on this avo-no joy,4 year old just runs round room jumping off chairs -no interest what so ever-and 3 year old cant even se tv because 4 year old loves to distract him.

:blink: nevermind ill watch it me self :P i loved the books when i was younger . :lol:

p.s.r my kids only ones who never watch new films?? my 4 year old always gets old stuff out to watch over and over like noddy ect......[vids i bought at car boots] just wondered ....... :unsure:

A few months ago I had to have root canal dental trreatment, this consisted of four two hour appointments! :( The first time was just ###### dreadful, but do you know what (and this is very sad but true) after that when I realised I would be so numbed up there was no pain (not til later anyway) just a general feeling of claustrophobia, I actually quite liked it!!!!! :lol: All because it gave me a couple of hours away from the kids and I got to lie down!! :lol:

Like I say it's sad but true, it was not really a highlight so much as a bizarre respite! :lol:

luv Witsend.

Witsend. I think you have earned the reward for 'saddest highlight of the week' :lol: Thank you for making me laugh. I predict similar 'highlights' involving Well Woman Check ups etc (you know the kind I mean, where we are forced to do an impression of a glove puppet :sick: ) :D

Lauren

Highlight of today has been managing to eat a full cream bun with no interruptions and not having to share it with anyone oh it was heaven !!!

The little things in life

lisa x

I predict similar 'highlights' involving Well Woman Check ups etc (you know the kind I mean, where we are forced to do an impression of a glove puppet :sick: ) :D

Lauren

Oh Lauren :lol::lol::lol: If it ever comes to town you have got to see "The Vagina Monologues" at the theatre. Just been to see it with Sharon Osbourne in - superb, both funny and very moving. Right up your street methinks!

Terrible embarresing medical checkup stories i predict.

Worst medical checkup i had to have was a rectul probe examination. :(:( What a nightmare that was.

I mean how yer meant to lie on yer side ar*e bared and "relax" !!!!!!!!!!! with some tube or something up yer back end and a load of student drs stood about I fealt a right idiot.As they tried to distract me by chatting about kids,the tea and weather are these people mad.

Beat that i bet no one can.

Being stiched whilst in stirups isnt very nice either.men have it so ###### easy.Bet theres not one male embarresing story.I dare them to come forward.

When I was a student nurse I spent 3 months working in a gynae theatre, which funny enough was the same place they did vasectomies. Two stories spring to mind.

The first time I scrubbed up to assist the surgeon with a vasectomy instead of handing him the local anaesthetic first I handed him the scalpel!! The poor bloke lying on the table nearly had a coronary! I bet he's still telling that story now.

The other one was when someone was having a vasectomy and I was asked to go and talk to the patient. I mean what do you say to someone who is having their 'misters' operated on? I couldn't think of how to talk to him so I began with 'Did you come here on the bus?'. :wub:

:D

Lauren

:lol:

My highlight of the day, bin being emptied :huh: not kidding, however sad that sounds. But it has been 2 weeks because they were on strike last week and decided not to try to catch up the day after :angry: ,and I had a pile of bags in the downstairs loo as cats were ripping them open when left outside.

i don't think it quite beats your rectal probe, paula, but i had my termination and IUD fitting today (not a pleasant experience but in the whole family's best interests, long story) and as if the whole thing wasn't bad enough they made me insert my own pessaries :sick::crying: how indignifying!!! then to add insult to injury, on the way to theatre they asked me if i was comfortable :blink: so i jus gave them "the look" and said as much as i can be with 4 tablets disolving where i really don't want them to!!

i mean, of all the stupid questions???

Caution - not for the squeamish!

Don't worry Lauren, yours are minor problems in the sado-masochistic world of the 'snip'.

When I had mine, I (naively) assumed that after being given the anaesthetic, the surgeon would test for feeling - oh no! Some of us take longer than 2 minutes for the anaesthetic to kick in (I know 3 others personally, so there must be thousands more (also mentioned as an ASD co-morbid, I think)), so the first thing you feel is the scalpel opening you up! :o:sick:

After ten minutes of repeating to yourself "Childbirth must be more painful than this." they wheel you out and put you to bed. At this point the adrenaline wears off and the anaesthetic kicks in - the nurses had never seen anyone get dressed and leave so fast! :lol:

Just to add injury to insult, the surgeon got the tubes and pubes muddled and sewed it up inside out :wacko::crying:

So nowadays the highlight of my good days is being able to walk to the shops and back without bleeding :dance::thumbs:

Put like that it doesn't sound as boring as mopping the floor or buying a herring :blink: , but after a few years it's soooooooo tedious! :wallbash:

It is, however, the world's best excuse to get out of a shopping expedition ;) Christmas shopping? I think I'l just wander round ebay for an hour or two:lol:

I can sympathise with the rectal probe thing, it didnt make my day but it made Clair's day. She had not laughed so much in ages. There is me laying on the bed with a spinal problem and black hairy feet, (due to brand new pair of socks where the the fibres had decided to divorce the socks and marry my feet) whilst the doc is shoving his fingers up me ring ole. The worst bit was he had a name similar to Mr. Merry Man.

So we shall call that highlight of Clair,s day.

Cant beat the rectal probe but my highlight last night was JUST managing to turn the bath water off before it over flowed....

K had left the tap running and it would have been a nightmare if it had of overflowd....

He does it all the time, he leaves taps running so i might be the cause of the hose pipe ban in the south... sorry guys!!! :blink:

Justamom

:dance: oh yep, i know that one, its the highlight of my week let alone my day lol. sad isnt it?