Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

Head in bits

In about 10 minutes my sons case goes to panel at the LEA hoping to get statement/Band E. After it being declined once my heads in bits, but this time they can't complain about lack of evidence as the paperwork thats gone in with this is enormous. Wish I could have gone to this meeting as it is awful sat at home wondering what people are saying about your child, knowing what they say will make a huge difference in their life. Sorry just needed a moan, I'll find out the decision within 5 days according to the letter and I think it'll be the longest 5 days ever. Keep your fingers, and toes if you can, crossed for us, I really don't want the hassle of appealing.

Edited by lil_me

hope it all goes well,5 days seems like a lifetime when you waiting for something important,good luck

lil me,

I know the feeling of sitting at home while these meetings are going on, and knowing there's nothing you can do at that point to directly influence anything. :wacko:

I hope it's gone well and that the decision will be in your favour, :pray::pray:

K x

Thanks everyone, been trying not to think about it, impossible! I was told by someone you can ring up & ask but I think I'll wait for the letter.

>:D<<'> Best Of Luck!

Well 5 days is up on Monday and it hasn't arrived yet so I'll be sat waiting for the post, not that I can do much about it as it's school holidays :rolleyes: I think if it doesn't arrive Monday I'll ring, it is weird as last time (when they refused :( ) it took 2 days, feels like forever this time.

Hi LIL me it took 2 weeks for our first letter to come back from panel.Don,t wait ring on monday........they should have the minutes so they can tell you..........good luck.

Well big stack of paperwork dropped through the letter box this morning asking for a parental report as they have agreed to do assessment :thumbs:

Thanks everyone >:D<<'> my family & friends don't realise how important this is so nice sharing it with people who understand. I've got his report to fill in but a lady phoned from the LEA to make sure I receieved it and she said no extreme hurry this week as at least 3 of the proffesionals he deals with won't even see the letter til after next week as they only work term time, and they also need to submit further confidential reports. So a little less pressure on me, I don't need to rush through it.

Edited by lil_me