Flora

Big expedition

Wish me luck.

I'm taking the boys to Oxford on the bus to go to the pictures and pizza hut. I'm really nevous.

I'll hopefully only have nice stories to tell when we get back (if we get back :lol: )

Lauren

You know when you have everything planned but it all goes to pot anyway? Well that was our day!

12md I checked the time of the bus on the internet

1.05pm Went out for the bus

1.15 Began to wonder if the bus was going to come

1.20 Rang bus company who told me there wasn't a bus at 1.10 but there would be one at 1.35pm. Asked them how long it would take, the guy told me 40mins.

1.35 Got on bus

2.50pm :o Bus arrives in Oxford :o (not 40 mins, 1 hour and 15 mins )

3.20pm. Arrive at cimema. Buy tickets. Buy popcorn and drinks. Run to studio 1. Girl who sold us the popcorn comes running up to us to tell us it doesn't start until 4.30pm. :blink:

Realise after discussion that we've come to the WRONG Odeon and the other one is just around the corner.

3.25pm. Me and two very grumbly boys stagger around a seedy market trying to find the alley way which leads to the other cinema.

3.30pm. Give up and dump drinks and popcorn in nearest bin and head for pizza hut.

3.40pm. Sat in pizza hut surrounded by very very noisy youngsters.

3.40 - 4.40. Choked on my frothy coffee (and burned my tongue) while William talked absolutely none stop about God only Knows What (I couldn't hear him over the noise), and Luke banged his head on the table over and over because he had a teeny weeny paper cut on his thumb.

We were meant to go and see Ice Age 2; The Melt Down. :rolleyes: How apt is that????

We're going to try again on Friday but this time I'll use the park and ride

Thank God Terry offered to pick us up. Though it would have been nicer if his car hadn't over heated on the way home

I'm just glad to be home. A cup of tea has never tasted so good.

Lauren

Edited by Lauren

Oh Lauren :o>:D<<'>

Maybe you need something stronger than a cup of tea? :lol: Did you get a refund for the cinema tickets?

K x

Oh dear! Sorry to hear your day didn't go as planned - these things are sent to try us!

It was a nice idea though hey!

Did you risk the pizza hut ice cream factory?! A nightmare with my friends 5 year old ASD daughter!!

Oh, Bless you hunni - worth a try though eh??! >:D<<'>

Why is it these things always go t*ts-up when we've got little monkeys with us?! :fight:

Auntie Smiley says - Get those little men into bed - Great big bubbly bath n huge glass of wine!!

>:D<<'>

Oh dear Lauren what a shame. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sounds like the kids coped admirably when you consider all that. I reckon I'd have been in meltdown myself!

Better luck next time! Can't wait to see Ice Age 2 - nearly killed meself laughing at the first one :lol:

Lauren,

Are you sure we arnt related? It sounds so like my kind of outing, things going pear shaped with each step. Good luck on Friday.

Lorainex

>:D<<'> Lauren >:D<<'>

So sorry to hear it didn't go to plan :( . I think you've well and truely earned a nice glass of something.

Annie

xx

OMG, what a day Lauren, your intentions were good. Better luck on friday, i do hope you got a refund because going to the movies is quite an expensive day out...

Justamom

Thanks everyone.

I did get a refund before I left the first cinema.

It is one of those days that you can laugh back on; everyone at home thinks it's hillarious!

Lauren

Thanks everyone.

I did get a refund before I left the first cinema.

It is one of those days that you can laugh back on; everyone at home thinks it's hillarious!

Lauren

Lauren,

you have to laugh sometimes dont you, but it's no joke at the time. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope everything runs smoothly on Friday. :pray::pray::pray:

Brook

>:D<<'> wow good luck Tom wont set foot on a bus, in case he has to sit next to a stranger, or someone speaks to him which is even worse! :crying:

>:D<<'> oh i just read yr post bout the trip, oh lord not the best day, but ive had those myself. I think public transport and AS kids just dont mix, mind you I hate it myself you have to put up with rude smelly people, and these days there are some downright scary people on ther too. :o