oracle

Matthew has been invited

Matthew came home from St John's Ambulance Brigade last night with another badge for his uniform :D and also an invitation to a party :party: One of the girls in the group gave everyone an invitation to her party next month - including Matthew. I know that parties can be a very emotive issue as our children are often the only ones left standing without an invite, so the fact that he got one has left me :dance: I have no idea if Matthew will actually go but that's not really the point. The point is he was invited :P

Craole

Edited by carole

A big well done for Matthew for getting another badge :thumbs::clap::clap:

It's a truely preciousl moment when our children get their first party invite :tearful: . Only us parents can understand how precious it is.

Great news Carole :thumbs: . I know what you mean by he may not go, at least it is Matthew's choice :)

Annie

>:D<<'>

That's great! If Matthew goes, I hope he has a fab time :)

Well done to Matthew for getting another badge :thumbs: and wooohoooo for the party invitation. I agree, it's not the going that counts it's being invited :thumbs:

Lauren

You must have been tired and emotional when you posted - couldn't even get your own name right :lol:

I often call myself Craole you must have noticed the amount of times I have edited my posts? Maybe it's my name form a former life :unsure::lol: I think that my brain works faster than my fingers :wacko:

Carole -got it right this time

Edited by carole

there must be something in the air......

opened ds school bag today and there it was..................

an invitation to a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

only downside its on a schoolnight at 4.30pm - hubby will be at work and i have 2 year old twins so i will have to leave him at the party alone so will probably mean that i will have to tell the parents about his autism - now worrying hell be okay but im sur ehe will and im only going to be 5 mins away :wacko:

BJK - sometimes if you confide the difficulties to the parents, chances are, they have a family member who presents the same and they are glad to talk to someone with knowledge.

I have always been up front and then there are no surprises - although having said that - last week when he just could not cope and curled in a ball, spinning, crying and wailing outside Pizza Hut one of the mum's felt awful because she had let him drink coke and thought it was her fault. :blink: Took a long time to get the message through that it was a sensory problem - ok the coke hadn't helped but it was only a part of the whole thing.

I think that most parents are kind and accepting. There will be the odd ignorant few, but you may find this parent will take pride in helping your little one have a good time.

Try not to worry.

HelenL

HelenL, you know it's weird the number of times that other folks say oh yes, my nephew/cousin/whatever has AS or ASD whenever I explain about my boys. Often it's only by bringing it up myself that I find so many other people are also touched by ASDs.

That's lovely that Matthew's been invited to a party. how does he feel about it?

:D great - my son used to get invited to partys to make up the numbers i think, he hated them though, but i think its great for them to be just invited like u say, its a positive wether they go or not.