annie

Want to share some good news

After months of trying to get Alex some work experience and worrying about what he's going to to when he leaves school this year, DH has just called me and told me that somebody who he knows has offered to take Alex on to do work experience :dance::dance: . I've told Alex and he is over the moon, to put it mildly :wub: .

Alex has to go this week to have a look around and meet everyone. Hubby said that they've already sorted out exactly what Alex will be doing. Better still, they've said that if everything goes ok, they are willing to take him on full-time when he leaves school in July :o (where's the fingers crossed smilie? :D ).

The company sets up the cameras and the things that the cameras go on (very technical description I know :D ) for TV and film sets. Alex knows what a fantastic opportunity this is and I know he's going to give it his best shot :wub:

Annie

xx

Annie :clap::clap::clap: Alex :thumbs::thumbs:

That is the most wonderful news I've heard in a long time.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well.

Good luck Alex :thumbs:

Annie, you must be a turmoil of all sorts of emotions, I'm so pleased for you all.

Lauren

>:D<<'> Annie >:D<<'>

I am so happy for all of you that your post has made me :crying:

This is brilliant news :thumbs:

Carole

Hi Carole/Lauren,

Thank you >:D<<'> . For years I've been dreading what was going to happen when it came to leaving school. This is such a huge step for Alex (as it is for all our children), to be given this opportunity is brilliant. The company are aware of Alex's difficulties and are not seeing them as a problem in any way :notworthy: .

Annie

xx

PS Carole, I had a big :crying: too when I found out :whistle:

Annie what fantastic news for you and Alex. It's reassuring to know that there are people who are willing to give our children a chance to prove themselves. It must be a big relief to you all. Fingers crossed it leads to a fantastic career for Alex.

Annie,

Got a lump in my throat. :tearful:

This is wonderful news. :dance::dance::dance: I'm thrilled for Alex. :dance::dance::dance:

You must be over the moon. :thumbs:

If I ever manage to get my son back to work, this is the type of job he would love.

Keep us posted.

Nellie >:D<<'>

oh fabulous, i bet he loves it too >:D<<'> . better than mcdonalds eh lol

well done all the best i know how hard it is i have a son 22 next month he has dislexic and leaning diff he as been trying hard to find work i phoned rempoly last week and they found him a job he is a diffrent boy he loves it thats all they need is a change so all the best to you and your son tell him well done from me jill

really pleased for alex,i love it when our kids on this site have achievements,it does cheer me up,like caroles matthews party etc,i really hope it goes well for alex

I've just seen this, Annie - I'm so thrilled for you, what fantastic news and what a load off your mind! :thumbs::thumbs: And :clap::clap: for the company for giving him this chance.

I hope L gets a similar lucky break one day

Well done Alex! :)

K xx

Oh Annie!! :tearful::tearful:

That's just the best news ever!!

I'm absolutely thrilled for all of you >:D<<'>

Your lad is just lovely, and really deserves such a wonderful opportunity!!

Bid >:D<<'> :tearful:

That's excellent news :)

>:D<<'> Thank you so much everybody >:D<<'>

Alex is so excited just to be able to do work experience at this place. He is one happy little :robbie: .

Annie

xx

That's really great news! Well done A!

Now - have you told him about his 'rent' and his council tax, and his 'kitty money' ... i know it's early days, but you have to get in quick, you know :lol::lol::lol: How much spending monety are you going to let him keep??? ;)

No, seriously, Alex.... No. SERIOUSLY, Alex ;)

:D

bd

:lol::lol:

We have already given him the bad news :P . We had an interesting conversation with Alex last night before he was given the ok.

Alex said to us. "Well I wont need to buy a house for a while, will I?".

I replied, "I don't think you should worry about things like that at the moment".

His reply, "No Mum, I was thinking about buying a flat first" :o:blink: .

:lol::lol:

That's great news Annie. :thumbs:

Hope this leads to a job for Alex after leaving school. :pray::pray:

Sounds like it's a good job as well. ;)

Brook :clap:

Edited by Brook

:crying: ..........Annie........... :crying: ................brill news........... :crying: .........wasn,t around yesterday.....sorry I,m late.............. :D .............this is brill..............Tell Alex his aunty Suze sends him a big lipsticky powdery kiss :wub: and a big massive(of course).....booby wooby hug....... >:D<<'>

Guest hallyscomet
Wot?

Not working in an egg-packing factory? :devil:

I hope he loves it. Well done!

nemo

:lol::lol::lol::lol: they will never let that one rest :devil::lol::lol:

This is great news Annie, so happy for you and Alex :thumbs::thumbs::clap::clap: way to go Alex.

Hailey

>:D<<'> Thanks Guys >:D<<'>

Suze - Alex is still in bed :rolleyes: . I'll let him know when he gets up :D .

Nemo - It goes without saying that his first choice was with the egg-packing factory. Unfortunately, when he received their offer, he thought it was a yolk :devil:

Annie

xx

I am absolutely 'eggstatic' that Orlando is going to buy his own roost.

Be proud of him Annie - be very, very proud!

Would have been interesting to see what Connexions would have dreamt up for him. Probably something that had loads of 'eggsams'.

Give him a big Chip'n'Dale squeeze.

Love

HelenL

:dance::dance: Alex starts his work experience next Friday :dance::dance:

They were still talking about it leading to a job there :thumbs: . Alex is so, so happy and really looking forward to starting next week. We are chuffed to bits :wub: .

Annie

xx

Hi Annie,

You must be so proud - it's lovely to hear some postive news - and your post has given me so much encouragement - well done Alex.

Jb

Hi annie hope he has the best time. Guess what my work experience was. Sending out letters from our civic centre. aaaahhhh. You know how some of the offices are in the bowels of the earth, thats where I was, I was like a pit pony when I left. How wonderful for a person to do work experience in something that might be of interest to them. Good luck to him :thumbs:

>:D<<'> Thanks Guys >:D<<'>

I think I'm more nervous than Alex is :rolleyes: . I never ever thought we'd ever get this far.

Helen - Connexions haven't even been in contact since Alex left his old school (over a year ago :wallbash: )

Annie (the one with the big hair :devil: )