Viper

Hallucinations

Ben was ill with a virus of some sort recently. He hah a high temperature but I gave him all the meds to keep it down. He slept through the night so had no meds. When he woke in the morning he was laughing hysterically at the ceiling. I realised he was hot so I went to get him a wet cloth and some meds. He started shouting at me saying I should slow down and do things at a normal speed. Then he sat up and started laughing saying he moved really fast. I had to walk really slowly and he still said I was going too fast.

The thing is all my kids have done this sort of thing when they are ill. Is it common or do I have odd kids. It's quite frightening when it happens.

Mine must be strange too, K does that too with a high temp he told me that he could see birds flying around the room once.... Scared the hell out of me but realised it was because of his high temp...

justamom

my dd and grandson both get these when theyre ill. think its cause kids temps go up so rapidly and they cant control them so well.

Neighbours daughter got took to hospital after hallucinating last night (I heard her screaming was awful) then having several fits this morning, several other kids in the area been the same and most have only had a high temperature so no other tell tale signs so I have been watching my 2 like a hawk.

Wow!! I have only just posted aboput T being ill and hallucinating.

He has never done it before and when T is ill, you know it's serious and chances are, he'll be in hospital. Doesn't behave in an ill manner generally for like the flu, cold etc and is still running around etc. Strange child I have! :lol:

Hope Ben is well soon. >:D<<'>

None of my kids have ever had hallucinations but i did as a child,I was very ill with a kidney infection and i thought my feet were people under my blankets and it was very very scary,I also hallucinated that the landlady of our local pub where we went on a sunday was sat by my bed but she was a skeleton with long black,messy hair,I remember it vividly,and it was extremly horrible :o

Hi Viper, my ASD son does this when ill.............it,s very very disturbing he rants shouts.......looks right through you, see,s people,clenches his teeth growls....it,s awful.He also does it during the night when he is,nt ill and sleep walks aswell.Hope Ben is better soon.Suzex