Sign in to follow this  
Steve_colour-se7en

Tragic tale of love and death turned into a TV drama

Tragic tale of love and death turned into a TV drama

THEIR ordeal touched the hearts of every parent in Merseyside.

Now the tragic story of suicide pact couple Bill and Wendy Ainscow has been made into a prime-time drama for ITV.

Mysterious Creatures stars Timothy Spall as jailed postmaster Bill, and Oscar-winner Brenda Blethyn is long-suffering Wendy.

The 90-minute drama tells the story of how their family was torn apart by daughter Lisa's Asperger syndrome and her addiction to spending money.

for the rest of the artcle use link http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100new...-name_page.html

Steve..

Hi Steve,

I can remember reading this in the national newspapers a while ago - it was heartbreaking..

Jb

I remember reading about this story in the papers. The daughter has denied what her mother has said about her. Her mother said they had to give her money because if they didn't, she would knock on the neighbours' doors and shout until they answered, and ask them for money. She has denied all the claims her mother made about her. She claims she does not have AS, or the spending problems her mother claimed. The description of her condition given by her mother sounds more like Borderline Personality Disorder than AS. Her (supposed) manipulative behaviour would require an understanding of how other people think, feel, and react to certsin situations. I don't know what the true story here is, but it's definitely a lot more complicated than it seems on the surface.

Edited by Tally

I remember reading this article and found it so so sad. I'm afraid this is one drama I'll be giving a wide berth, I know it would send me spiralling into despair. I know other mams at the coffee morning I attend say it is a good thing to highlight the problems but for me it would just make me grieve - its too close for comfort for me.

Tilly

Oh no - I hate these programmes, always living in fear that someone in my family will watch it and relate it to my son .... and I am so not ready for them to know yet.

How do you find yourself in such a position???.........I don,t know...........how much pressure must you be under to steal to pay your debts??..........there are elements here I just can,t relate too......my son has never displayed the behaviours this girl has and I don,t know if I would give in to him if he demanded what I could not give.......I would hopefully like to think I would stand up to him and refuse.It,s a very sad story, it seems again to highlight a lack of support. :(

Suze, I agree with you. It's a really sad situation and I feel heartly sorry for all of this family. I know William can be really demanding when he gets something in to his head but there really is no way I would just give in to him, and he knows this. Even with his AS and at 12 he understands he can't have everything he wants and that there is a limit to what we can afford. To be honest I'm not even sure this tragedy is down to AS, even though it was reported as such.

Lauren