bid

Dementia forum...

Hi guys!

I'm looking for an online support forum like Krism but for dementia.

My mum needs practical advice from other carers for problems she's having with my dad :(

I'm off to have a search, but did wonder if anyone here could recommend one that they have found helpful? :unsure:

Thanks in advance...

Bid >:D<<'>

Well, found this site which might be useful for someone else...I've posted my mum's main worries at the mo, so just waiting for any replies!

www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint

Bid :bat:

Hi Bid, just wanted to say hope things are o.k. with your dad.My grand pops is dx alzhiemers.He had to go into care in Sept.Is your dad also dx??.........My mum is finding things tough at the moment after finding a place that was really nice and getting him settled , we,ve got to find somewhere else as he has become increasingly violent and keeps lying down and refusing to get up, he kicks out and swears.It,s awful as before he was such a gentle soul , my daughter has a lovely relationship with him, he rarely recognises anyone now, but he always knows it,s her.Hope your o.k. dementia is so cruel thinking of you.

Dementia is a cruel disease but I've been priviledged to Nurse such individuals in the past.I get occasional glimpses of the people they must have been before the condition took hold.xx

Thanks everyone! >:D<<'>

Suze...my dad has a dx of Vascular Dementia, which presents very like AZ, but is caused by a series of strokes :(

I've had some replies on the forum I've joined, so I'll show my mum...just helps to know other people are struggling with the same things, doesn't it...

It's very like the situation we have all faced...absolutely no practical advice on how to actually cope with the behaviours :(

Thanks again...I knew you guys would help!! >:D<<'> :wub:

Bidx

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Bid

My partners mum was diagnosed last year and his dad is the primary carer but it is getting much harder for him. As he is getting on.......... they tried to get her into a nursing home..... but he found after three days he couldn't handle it...... she did everything possible she said to pretend she was okay and he ended up bringing her back home again.

She's just gone back into hospital because her blood sugars are all over the place. My partner spoke with her on the phone and she sounded so bright and sharp, he even mentioned this to his mum, as she replied, I have to pretend to be okay........ :wub:

This is now a year later since they tried to put her in a nursing home........ and its sad all round.. when she speaks to my partner she says to him each time " and where are you living now." and to me she says hello darling and where are you from, and then proceeds to tell me where she lives, and she often talks about the home where the family grew up and that area. She repeats the same questions over and over....... within minutes.

Its sad to see them like this..... must be hard for you and your mum Bid, our thoughts are with you sending you lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Love

Haileyx

My grandma had alzheimers it's such a cruel illness.

When my grandad (her husband) died we all went to the funeral and she sat at the front in her wheelchair. As I was wheeling her out after the funeral she turned to me and said:

"That was a nice funeral - whose was it?". :(

That's when it struck me ....... not putting her on the loo, or helping her dress, but the fact she couldn't remember the man she had been married to for over 50 years.

Hello everyone,

Here are a couple of dementia forum url?s hope these are of help

http://www.psychforums.com/viewforum.php?f=217&

http://eldercare.infopop.cc/groupee/forums...rm/f/3226084151

http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/discuss/messa...3&threadid=2616

Steve..

Edited by Steve_colour-se7en