Sign in to follow this  
Brook

Our trip to the pics

Hi all,

I took my son to the cinema yesterday, he had been on and on about seeing the 'iceage film',

my hubby wanted to see it but my son insisted I take him, so I did.

My son is really good in the pictures, he likes to sit in the same seat everytime.

I'd bought myself a drink from the shop and had it in my bag, my son read a notice about

not being allowed to eat and drink things that youve brought in, he said very loudly 'mum,

you cant drink that you got it from W**wort*s. :oops::D

When we got in there the ads had started, my son started to panic, so I told him to get the seat

while I got his popcorn and drink.

When I got in there he was sitting in the second row from the back infront of four kids (they were in

his usual seat), I told him to move along with me as it was empty further along and I didn't want to

place myself infront of the kids as they wouldn't see properly.

He started to shout at me 'no, I'm sitting in seat number 14, youre an evil mother', the kids behind

started to snigger. I said okay you sit there and I'll sit further along, I could see that he wanted to

sit there because he felt he was 'in with it' with the kids behind.

When they showed the 'no smoking' ad, my son read it out loud and said 'mum, you cant smoke in

here', then they showed the 'switch of your mobile', he read that aloud also and shouted out 'turn off

your mobile phone everyone', he was totally serious, and I could hear further sniggering.

I did think shall I turn round and have a word with them, or shall I leave it, I decided to leave it

although I was seething inside, my son was oblivious to it and I thought if I start it would ruin his

day, so for his sake I left it, also I thought that they were only kids and they didn't understand,

but that still didn't stop me wanting to brain em!! :rolleyes:

In one part of the film, two charcters were becoming very friendly, my son shouted out 'mum, are

they in love'.

I really wasn't too interested in the film, and if I'm honest I'm not keen on the pictures and just go

for my sons sake, he couldn't keep still the whole time and was kicking his feet on the seat infront,

I was trying to whisper 'keep your feet still' he shouted 'what mum, what about my feet mum'.

He was doing alot more facial 'tics' he was blinking, screwing his face up and cupping his chin and

pulling down on his cheeks.

I watched him laughing at the film and really enjoying himself and I had one of those warming moments

when you get all filled up. :wub:

Looking back, I'm glad I didn't respond to those kids, theres alot more things that went on, but I think

my son really enjoyed himself, so I for one wasn't going to ruin that. ;)

Also I think I really do get very sensitive these days as far as my son goes, but hey, I'm his mum so

I cant help it. :D

Brook

I am proud of you too........ my son is oblivious to other kids reactions to his quirky moments and I know trying to correct the situation would be worse for him BUT its sooo frigging hard to smile at him and walk away.....

((((((hugs)))))))

Joanne xxx

P.S. I took my son to see it yesterday and he got worried near the end and kept saying did Mammoths become extict when the ice melted???? He really thought they were gonna die.

Edited by Mummy21

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

ahhhhh :wub:

my 4 year old has expressed an interest in this film since the old one was on tv other week

thought of trying to take him-but im just bit nervous how it would work out-as he cant sit still at home for long watching films ect......

may give it a go

hes only been once to pictures and he was younger then to see spiderman we only lasted 15 mins max.............. :rolleyes:

>:D<<'> Oh im so pleased u enjoyed it. we have to sit on the end of an aisle cos t goes to the toilet at least 4 times during the course of a film. If his sister speaks he shouts shut up really loudly too!. but as u say at least our kids arent doing things like throwing popcorn at everyone or shouting all the time.