pingu

Latest obsession i need your help

Hi Guys (N Gals)

I feel awful whittering on about my latest problem. especially with what has happened to Ryan and his mum (god bless them) BUT... I am in a real dilema about kierans latest obsession.. what do i do ???????? Ill try to explain ...........

For the last 4 months Kieran?s obsession has been ?Deal or nor deal? and as a result he talks about Noel Edmonds and the boxes continuously, his interest lies in the blue boxes at the end of the show. Every day (all day) he asks if we can ?win a box?. Until recently I thought he had got the gist of the game and so wanted us to win lots of money, however recently it has become more obvious that he doesn?t really understand the rules of the game, and doesn?t really care what the boxes contain, and in fact he is more chuffed if the boxes are ?blue numbers?.

Kieran seems to think you actually win a blue box if your name is picked out and this is what he really wants, not the money, especially not a red number, just the box!! (with the Velcro strap attached so he can open it). He has obviously heard the contestants advertising the chance to ?play along at home? as the programme goes to a break, and has confused this with a chance to win the box itself. We have tried and failed to make a replica box but to no avail as he is fixated with the real thing

We are desperate

I went to the extreme of emailing channel 4 and i got a reply back today which told us to write to the producers, they have given us the address, (and i will write when i get ink Grrrr) But as he has no concept of time, its become increasingly difficult to pacify him, he was heart borken earlier when the postman didnt bring him a box, and its not like we are building his hopes up, because we have told them there is no chance of a box arriving out of the blue.

He is here now going on and on, i can hardly concentrate. (he's usually asleep by now, but he is hyped up)

Below (hopefully if the attachment thing worked) is a picture which he did, Its one of many that he has done, But when he did this one he did something he rarely asks me to do, he asked me for help. He wanted help to spell correctly so he could send Noel a letter to tell him of his love for the boxes. He spent a long time on the picture and has also included the round table with the phone (at the top of the picture).

Help

Shaz

x

Unfortunatly it doesnt look like the attachment thing is working. But the picture was of 3 blue boxes (numbered 1-3) and three blue figures inside, At the side he had wrote "Noel, kieran wants these boxes please". I wish i could show you it

Shaz,

what a difficult one eh! I really dont know the answer to this but, if my son has an obsession with

something and it brings him alot of enjoyment, then I do encourage it, but when it gets to the point

of it starting to stress him out and cause him upset then I gradually try and wean him off it.

My son gets obsessed by very similar things and sometimes asks the impossible and when you

say that you cant get whatever he is after then he goes on about it and becomes really stressed.

He wants me to send him up to space at the moment and keeps on and on, my hubby told him

you need a space shuttle, so now he wants to look on ebay for one, and no amount of telling him

that you cannot buy them pacifies him, once it's in his head then it's really difficult to get it out. :unsure:

We have taken the explaining route, but he is still insisting on it! this is one that will have to ride itself out.

Maybe they will send you a box, and this will get it out of his system so to speak.

I think being obsessed with an interest is good, and my son has many obsessions that he really

enjoys ie.. Starwars being the main one, but he has also had some that turned into alot of upset

and in the end had to be discouraged to save him from alot of stress.

Sorry I've been no help. :D Maybe someone will have some decent advice. :wacko:

Brook

Hi,

I really felt for you and your little boy when i read this. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I am sure if you write off to the producers as you have been advised that they will understand and send you a box. Write your letter as you have your post because it summed up the problem exactly, just explain a bit about his need for the box as it is an obsession.

I have no advice but wish you lots of luck in trying to track one down.

mum22boys

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I know where youre comeing from also on this.

My son became totally obsessed with the simpsons.At first it was fine hed just watch the programme but then it got to the point like all obsessions where it became a real problem.If he missed an episode or missed the beginning because we were out he would get distraught and go bollistick.There was no calming him.In the end i had to ban him from watching the programme.he kicked of ect but eventually the obsession dried up.Once hed gone back to being able to take or leave the simpsons and it was no longer a problem if he missed an episode he was allowed to watch.The obsession cured.It took time though like all things.

I realy hope you get a box for him,im sure you will if you explaine everything.Otherwise all i can suggest if its becomeing too much for him to handle is ban the show.Itll kick of but in the long run its worth it.

Matthew's BIG obsession at the moment is also Deal or no Deal but he does want to win the money :devil:

However his Dad has so far devised the 'Deal or no Deal' game - we play it for hours joy of joys :wacko: and he also made some boxes. Not quite the same but good enough to fool Matthew. Do you think that this might work?

Oracle

he also made some boxes. Not quite the same but good enough to fool Matthew. Do you think that this might work?

Oracle

Worth a try, I suspect he'll either want it so pefect that you could never get there, or be strangley unconcerned even if the pretend ones look nothing like the real things.

Simon

Hi And thanks for all your replies.

I am frantically trying to make him (another) box that meets the expectations. And am also trying to track down somebody with a printer so i can snail mail the letter and drawing to the production team. the alternative is to handwrite the letter and pinch his picture but he hasnt let it go since he drew it.

He is absolutly full of it today!!!

shaz

Oh bless him the simple things sometimes mean everything to our kids we really should think ourselfs lucky sometimes some kids want expensive things all the time, your little boy just wants a box.

I do hope the people at channel 4 send you a box I think it would be a lovely suprise for you little one.

Good luck and fingers crossed

Lisa

Nothing further to add but good luck wishes. hope he gets a box he can be happy with :)

I wanted to cry when I read this, I really feel for Ryan, I know how J gets with his obsessions and its heartbreaking when they are asking for the near impossible.

Good luck with the search for the perfect box.

Joanne xxx

kierans obsessive tv program is also deal or no deal at the minute, once they have dealt though he will never carry on watching it to see what they would have had in their box

It's on Channel 4,after Countdown at 4.15pm.It is also shown on Saturdays (time varies).

Repeats are also shown on E4 but I'm not sure if the time.xx

PS.Whenever Rh sees the penny,he always says 'Oh,the lucky penny!'He watches sometimes but has no idea of what is happening,either.

Hi Everyone. Just to update you on the progress of the box.

He still hasnt got one ! :blink:

I have managed to get a printed version of my email and am going to send it to endamol, (by snail mail)and thanks to phasmid i have now emailed noel :notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks for your advice Ill let you know if i get any replies. xxxxxx >:D<<'>

shaz

hi all

for all u lovers of deal or no deal the raising kids forum has a whole thread just for deal or no deal and its 16 pages long!!!!

so it seems its not just a kid thing

bye for now gemma

Pingu.

My son kieran as just told me that they have deal or no deal stuff on ebay.Just type in deal or no deal on the search,ive just had a look you can actually buy a box.

OMG !! Guess what !!! :dance::D I got a reply back from the producers. the email said. .................

Dear Sharon, Steve and Keiran

Thanks so much for your kind letter that I have received via Noel Edmonds PA.

We are always really pleased to hear from our younger fans and it's especially great to hear of Keiran's interest in the programme and his extra interest in the blue boxes!

I am more than happy to arrange to send a blue box to Keiran - we can make it up so that it has a fastening which he can re-open and seal whenever he likes as ours are one use only.

Do please send me your address and I can make the arrangements this week.

PS if you can manage to send the picture please do!

All the best from Deal or No Deal

He is soooooo excited (actually i dont know who is worst me or him :D )

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and special thanks to phasmid for alerting me to the fact that noel had a website.

Love you all :wub:

shaz

Shaz, that is GREAT!! :D OMG, he does have a heart! (Noel). LOL

Please post of pic of the box when you get it. I really wanna see it. :D Let us know how Keiren is with it too. :D OMGosh, you can't get any better than the real thing made by the real people eh! ;)

Good on you for emailling em and good on them for a possitive reply. No doubt that address of yours was sent the minute you read the email! lol

Just wish I had a better reply from the blooming Jeremy Kyle show!! :wallbash:

Hi TM.

the Jeremy Kyle show :o I watch him on a morning. Steve said earlier about contacting him to raise awareness of Aspergers. I guess by your post that will be a bad idea?I take it the production team for JK is (shall we say) Not good????

Great news with the box thing isnt it, he is so pleased, and keeps mumbling to himself, "blue box, mine own blue box" I think its still sinking in (bless)

Let me know how the jeremy trail goes, i wish you the best of luck.

Shaz

PS would i be very cheeky asking why you are trying to get in touch with him?? >:D<<'>

Thanks suze

oh I could cry tears of joy for you, thats so nice of them to do this,ooooohh..........I love a happy ending

:wub:

Hi TM.

the Jeremy Kyle show :o I watch him on a morning. Steve said earlier about contacting him to raise awareness of Aspergers. I guess by your post that will be a bad idea?I take it the production team for JK is (shall we say) Not good????

I sent um an email (ITV) and got a reply back the next day saying the nice gentleman had forwarded it onto the JK show.

Waited and waited.

Then this morning, I got this...

Hi xxx,

Thanks very much for your email, we?ve been on holiday for the last 2 weeks hence why it?s taken me a while to contact you back.

I?ve read your email and I?ll make sure that your opinions and situation is forwarded to Jeremy.

If you would like to discuss this further please don?t hesitate to contact me.

With Best Wishes,

Klare Gaulton

Associate Producer

Guess you can see, it is useless!! :(

But if your hubby wants to go ahead and to contact em, PM me and I'll give you the producers email addy. :D

Guest hallyscomet
That's a lovely story - let us know when the box arrives. :)

K x

:wub::dance::dance: god bless em. Your little boy will be soooo chuffed. Would love to see his face when it arrives. :D

Love

Hailey

Oh i feel for you. My son toms overiding obsession is with manchester united. He has others but this is the main one for him. He says im going to play for them when i leave school. He writes to them to let them know which players to use for their next games etc, they never reply by the way.

He loves football but cant play very well he dosent have the courage to tackle anyone and used to train every sturday with a team but they never used him so he left. He loved it too.

I know that he truly believes he is going to play for them, but how do i tell him he has no chance of that?. do i continue to let him dream?.

my elder daughter actually mocked up a letter with the man u symbols etc, cos he was so disillusioned with no anwsers to his. He loves it, perhaps u cd do tht for yr son?. how i dont know.

good luck with it >:D<<'>

That is fantatstic news. Just goes to show what can happen with a little bit of luck (me stumbling across Noels website via the beeb a few dyas before your thread) and a polite ask of them. Sometimes the world can be a good place. I am so pleased for him. Let us know when it has reached you.

Hi everyone.

The box arrived this morning, and he was absolutly delighted. He has not stopped opening and closing it since it arrived. Thanks again to everyone who gave advice. Love to you all.

I wanted to add a picture of him with it but i cant, i will try and get advice as to why i cant so i can. (if you know what i mean)

Shaz

oh wow thats so good of them, bless him

:D Hi Nellie. He knew he was getting the box, he ground me down with his constant questioning so when i knew for sure that he was allowed one i decided it was easier to tell him everything i knew. Jane from endemol emailed yesterday to say it had been posted so this morning he was up at 6am pacing the floor, and as if sensed by some unseen force the delivery van rolled up at 7.30am, it would have been unbearable if it hadnt arrived early. :whistle:

Its really cheered him up, as he had a nasty fall at school yesterday (Not that they phoned me :angry: ) and he has cut his arm and all over his hip is injured, so they stuck dressing to him (which he hates) and let him sit with the class teddy for the rest of the afternoon. But since his box came he has cheered up no end :clap:

Take care

shaz