Sign in to follow this  
Brook

Radio two

well i dont think i shall be listening or i shall only be offended! i am beginning to learn that fingers in the ears or finger on the re tuning button is often a good idea. 9 times out of 10 there will be someone on there spouting off when they know nothing of these problems and how it REALLY effects the genuine cases. i have a daughter who cannot even hardley stand on her two feet, slurs her words, falls about like shes drunk and is like a rag doll without meds, so i really know what im talking about. they dont.

see? comments like that actualy make me laugh!! because if you have an unmedicated adhd'er running arround, believe me 10 mins on the pc would be a luxury. my daughter was showing signs of having adhd before she could walk. she couldnt operate a mouse, a game controller, or a tv remote then! lol

According to the chap on there (who is an expert because he works in a senior school!) as parents we are happily drugging our children rather than deal with them appropriately and discipline them. Children are spending far too much time on the computer and the tele and should be banned.

I didn't manage to listen to all of it, but I think i heard enough to get the gist.

N e one manage to hear the phone in responses? I'd be interested to hear how many of the phone ins supported his views

I managed to catch part of the one on radio 2. The womwn from the adhd support group was excellent,but the guty was really aggressive.

He made some true comments about society and changes in parenting but in respect ofadhd he totally missed the point. He viewed parents and kids as the enermy, and certainly was old school.

Sad really that he has so little respect and is a teacher.

I only managed to catch the first half, but to be honest I'd heard enough by then.

That guy on there had his head stuck up his &*%$ if you ask me. :o

Brook :D

I was irritated by the attitude of the teacher on Radio 2 and cross to hear that Susan Greenfield seemed to support this view. However, reading more in the papers today, one thing I do agree with her on is that education should be changed to fit the child rather than the child changed to fit our education system.